1. Unredeemable

Ugh.

Angel Dust could barely keep his head up as he crawled through the doors of the hotel, his entire body racked with pain. He stumbled across the red carpet floors, his vision swimming every which way.

Where's my room again?

Another long day of bad decisions- first was running back to Valentino's studio for another shoot, just to feel like he was good at something. But after that, it was the bar to forget everything that happened in front of the cameras. He drank and drugged himself til the memories were unrecognizable. Vaguely, Angel recalled hooking up with a few imps just for fun. Then, it was more alcohol and more coke to forget those encounters. Finally, hours into the next morning, he found his way back home.

And just his luck, Charlie was sitting on one of the leather sofas in the lobby, waiting for him.

"Angel Dust! There you are!" She exclaimed, her shrill concerned voice piercing his ears in his sensitive state. He squinted his eyes so hard they were practically shut, and lurched away from her when she jumped at him with open arms.

"Sorry," Charlie exhaled and resorted to a pat on his shoulder instead. "Thank heavens you're okay."

Vaggie, who had been dozing off next to Charlie while they waited for Angel, was now wide awake and came to stand at her girlfriend's side.

"Where have you been?" she barked, in a much firmer tone than Charlie's.

"What's it to you, vagina?" Angel bit, his words slurring together until they were almost incoherent. He didn't know why he was calling Vaggie names. He didn't know much of anything in his state. Just that the lights were too bright, their voices were too loud, and he was freezing cold. All Angel wanted was to go to bed, and these two were standing in his way.

He tried to shove past Vaggie and Charlie, but he could barely manage any force past his limbs and collapsed on impact. Luckily, Vaggie caught him, and Angel didn't miss the fleeting look of concern that jumped to her face. She was quick to hide it, but she and Charlie shared a look of understanding.

Together, they carried Angel Dust up to his room and placed him down on the mattress. Vaggie took off his stripper boots and Charlie got him underneath the covers. Angel Dust didn't know why they were being so kind to him, especially after he skipped a whole day of therapy and came home late, unannounced, and belligerent. But he was too out of it to think on it much, and fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillows.

Unbeknownst to Angel, Charlie and Vaggie watched over him for a few minutes before letting him sleep, making sure the spider was still breathing and not succumbing to an overdose. In hushed, worried tones, they spoke about him.

"Tomorrow is his third evaluation with the seraphims. He won't pass, not after tonight." Charlie whispered sadly.

Vaggie nodded. "This is his last chance before they declare him unredeemable. Is there anything we can do?"

Charlie shook her head. "We'll just have to hope he sobers up and puts on a good impression for them. But if they look at wherever he was tonight... it's a lost cause."

The two girlfriends quietly made their way out of the room, shooting ideas to get Angel another chance to prove himself worthy of a spot in heaven. But the truth of the matter really was that, on the path he was on, redemption simply wasn't possible.

But little did any of the hellspawn know, that up in heaven, the junior seraphim Emily was working on a new plan for sinners who could not get a hang of their rehabilitation. And she knew exactly who she could test it out on, to show once and for all that sinners could change for the better- the spider awaiting trial first thing tomorrow morning.