Chapter 13

Y/N, Ruby, and Tails run out of station square and into a nearby forest that leads to Never Lake. The area is pretty open and there's some obstacles that have to get through. This won't be a problem for them at all though.

Y/N runs through and jumps up, he curls into a ball and lands on a few motobugs and destroys them all. Tails flies by and jumps onto the back of a buzzbomber. He grabs its wings and steers it towards another buzzbomber then he jumps off as the two buzzbombers collide and then explode. Ruby runs across a bridge, avoiding the choppers (fish robots) jumping out of the water and trying to bite her. Ruby spindashes through an opening in the ground and rolls through very quickly.

Ruby eventually emerges from another opening in the forest out of a tree and Y/N catches her and begins spinning her slowly until they pick up speed more and more until he throws her as she's moving very fast and she smashes through many badniks before slowing herself down as she stands up with a triumphant smile. Y/N walks up behind her and Tails lands next to the two hedgehogs standing next to each other.

Tails: "Man, this place is populated heavily with badniks!"

Y/N: "I know right? There is no reason that there should be that many badniks in a place like this."

Ruby: "Uhh.. guys? What's that?"

Ruby points a direction and Y/N and Tails look at the clearing in the forest she pointed to only to see what seems to be Metal Sonic.

MINI BOSS: "METAL SONIC OUT OF CONTROL."

Metal Sonic isn't under Dr. Eggman's control anymore and is acting on his own free will as he quickly flies forward at Ruby first and attempts to slash at her with his claws, Ruby quickly ducks under the attack and Tails spins around and smacks Metal Sonic with his tails. Metal Sonic gets flung into a tree and is stunned for a moment but quickly gets back up.

Y/N runs forward and summons his sword in his hand again and slashes at Metal Sonic, Metal Sonic catches the sword with his claws while Y/N continues to try and force the sword down onto Metal Sonic. Metal Sonic swipes Y/N's feet from under him and Y/N falls over with the sword as he groans in pain. Metal Sonic uses his thruster and flies up high in the air and quickly starts dashing down towards Y/N at a rapid speed.

Ruby quickly runs over and jumps up, she grabs Y/N and pulls him out of the way before Metal Sonic can crash down onto him. Metal Sonic lands in a small crater he created from the crash as he turns to Ruby and Y/N.

Metal Sonic quickly begins flying at the two hedgehogs but Tails flies up behind Metal Sonic and tries to kick him in the back, but Metal Sonic quickly turns around and fires a laser at Tails, it hits Tails in the shoulder and he flies into a tree and groans in pain, Ruby and Y/N are immediately furious. Y/N and Ruby both summon a sword now. Ruby's sword is similar to Y/N's, but hers has red hearts on each side of the handle and the tip of her blade is pink.