Chapter 1- Attack

A/N Note.

There is a Walker number in this chapter that I made up, so I'm sorry if this belongs to anyone!

Adelaide's third person POV.

Adelaide had been working for years now. She smirks, a wicked feeling holding the corners of her mouth up. Many had joined her cause, not willingly of course, and now she stood outside the base of the ones who had neglected her, leaving her to die. She could still remember that night, the screaming, the blood that spilled... No. She wasn't going to think about that now. Not when she was so close.

The doors of the base open and only one person walks out. She assumed there would be more. "You need to leave." The person says, the low voice indicating a man. "And why should I do that?" Adelaide grins. The guy's face is hidden by a mask, probably to stay anonymous. "You know full well why." He says, about 5 feet away from her. "Yes I do and that's not stopping me." Adelaide replies, shrugging. "You see, in battles with the Red Nexus, I learned your weaknesses. It crippled your nation. I tore your kingdom down so to speak. But it just made mine stronger."

"Now before I destroy your kingdom, what's your WID? I would like to know who I can say could have stopped this, and ruin their name forever." Adelaide grins, expecting some random WID like #36721. The guy smiles underneath his mask. All of a sudden, millions of combat drones appear behind him. "Your terrible at hiding your true plans from a hacker." Worry fills Adelaide's mind. "It's truly a shame, if I had been freed just a little earlier, this could of gone much differently." Her mind goes from worry to terror as she figures out who is in front of her.

"I won't let you hurt my people." He says, now a foot away from her. She takes a step back, her breath coming out in sharp, ragged exhales. "Y-you're supposed to be dead." Adelaide manages to say through her fear. The guy shrugs. "I know. I'm not going into details but I was dead." "What's your WID." She responds, the terror that she had managed to keep out of her voice slipping in. The guy goes from looking careless to angry. The drones load their weapons. "My WID?" He chuckles darkly from under the mask. He walks toward her until he's close enough to be able to kill her if he wants.

"Zero." He says, grabbing the collar of her shirt. "Now," he whispers, "you are going to disable all of the attacks you have planned. Then you'll come with me and receive a light sentence if you cooperate." Adelaide nods. She slowly raises her hand to her ear and gives the command to attack in a different language. Zero's blue eyes darken into almost black. He had understood. Zero uses the grip he has on her shirt and throws her to the ground. "Drone 170, commence action 37." He says, contained rage making him clench his fists. The drone aims its weapons at Adelaide and fires. The last thing she sees before everything going black is a 'borrowed' RX-8 firing at Zero and hitting its mark. He doubles over, clutching his side. She can hear a muffled scream, Zero's eyes clenched and his back trembling. He falls to his knees. Good. She had at least hurt him. Maybe it could be fatal. Adelaide gives her final sigh, and lets her eyelids droop shut, never to open again.