Chapter 1

Hi readers! Welcome to the second book for the When All Lights Go Out series. If you haven't already, please read the first book before proceeding with this one. I have thoroughly enjoyed writing this story, creating a different lore to the story of Transformers Prime, and will continue to enjoy writing it with chapters to come. This is not a romantic story, but it is mature for reasons.

Warnings for this chapter: Mech pregnancy, violence, blood, medical violence, blackmail, torture, mind control and minor gory details in this story.

Hunching over the bowl of the sink in the private shower of his berth room, a large mech heaved the contents of his tank into the bowl. Partially digested energon stained the inside of the bowl, and the large mech groaned from weariness and pain that he has quickly learned he has had to endure for the past four weeks. Optimus Prime took deep intakes as he stared into the bowl, waiting to see if his body would force more energon from his tank, after he had ingested three cubes of energon just several hours prior to this point. But he might be lucky, as his tank began to settle, and he was able to relax.

Wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, Optimus turned on the water to rinse the sink and wash away any remnant of the energon and placed a single hand on the swell of his abdomen. He smiled a little as he caressed gently. Four weeks ago, Optimus was not heavy carrying a sparkling within him. In fact, four weeks ago, he almost lost his one and only sparkling to a stupid stunt by Starscream. He came so close to losing her, but if it were not for Ratchet's quick thinking and informing him that this was the only thing he could do to save her, Optimus agreed. And he had zero regrets.

Prior to incident of Starscream throwing a dark energon shard into the chassis of his daughter, this procedure had been discussed extensively. Ratchet told both Optimus and his daughter that she lacked necessary systems within her body to survive properly. He had even believed that her growth had been stunted partly to that. While also the other part, being, that Optimus was forced to save his daughter's life when she was just a new spark many years ago. By placing the spark into a pod, and sending the pod into space, with no way of knowing if she would survive.

Optimus had regretted that decision for a long time. But when he came to Earth, it seemed Primus had intended for him and his daughter to meet again. And he didn't even know it was her at first. Cliffjumper only notified him after seeing a human girl with a Cybertronian crystal. A special crystal that was often gifted to other Cybertonians. But this crystal was different. It was a crystal that was infused with some power of the Matrix of Leadership, and Optimus had made sure that he gave the crystal to her. And Cliffjumper had spotted it with a human.

Optimus had been confused at first, as this human child should have had the crystal. But it turned out, that the girl was indeed his daughter. It just some happened that she appeared human. She could ingest the food, and the food would sustain her, she had a thin, metal membrane around her protoform that looked and felt like skin, and even her hair looked like normal human hair. But her hair was metal as well. Something that Optimus liked, because when her membrane was removed after the scraplet incident, her hair remained. And Optimus enjoyed brushing her hair.

And the only reason she had hair, was because his daughter was not just Cybertronian. A part of the Matrix, and a part of a creature who assisted the thirteen Primes many years ago to banish Unicron is woven into the CNA of his daughter. Thus, giving his daughter the ability to eat human food for sustainance, and not die, and she also has the systems for needing to use the bathroom. Something that Optimus had gotten used to. And he knew he would have to get used to after his daughter would be reborn, though he did not know when, as Ratchet has predicted she would need to wear diapers for a short time again. And he has been making a heap, so Optimus would be prepared.