25: Eating bullets

Hi everybody!

I am on my last semester towards getting my Bachelor's Degree in Game Art & Design from SNHU. Just one more class and 8 weeks and all of this will be done ^_^. Here is a glimpse of my portfolio that I have created up until this point on Artstation. It is a start, something to allow me to create the creatures that I have in my stories and hopefully to be able to make into games in the near future. Sorry that it has taken ages for me to get this chapter out! Really, sorry about that. Believe it or not, it actually makes the chapters better, how many times I reread them and find plot holes that need to be worked. I hope to have more time to write in the near future.

Thanks for hanging in there.

Sincerely,

Ken

P.s. Here is a first attempt at me 3D modeling a Tela. A rework will come in the future. One with actual armor plates that make the eye stalks come from underneath.

 One with actual armor plates that make the eye stalks come from underneath

Arriving at the Skii ship was instantaneous and induced a slight feeling of stress once my gaze settled on the long row of stasis boxes awaiting us. Truthfully, I had never really considered the Skii to be all that important before, that is until I learned that they were Time's offspring and that they somehow were linked to his last action before he died. I had no clue what to expect besides the fact that they oddly wanted to come with me and had ended up here of all places.

I stood there for a second while my body manifested from the swarm making up the walls and floor, my body quickly coming together like an inverted explosion. Nurse had taken care of all of the storage and supplies that the Skii might need, creating container bays around the large stasis boxes for any raw materials and technology that they might require upon waking up. Much of it was stuff that came with the Skii as well as basic elements from this dimension.

Had I known what was coming, I would have decked their ship out to be a fortress that would easily dominate the system and handle any threatening presence like Magus's Solar Citadel. As it was, it was the barest of necessities meant to protect and transport the Skii while in hibernation until I got around to them.

Oh well. We would have to make do.

To my right, George manifested as well. On hand to act as the resident engineer in case the Skii required something built.

"Alright, let's get this show on the road. You start on that end and I will start at the other." I said as I moved to the far left box and pressed the button clearly labeled to reverse whatever process they had subjected themselves to slow their bodily functions down to be nearly inanimate.

"Have any idea what we are in for or how long their revival will take?" I asked George as we both walked to meet together in the middle of the room again, pressing each of the large box's awaken buttons as we walked past.

"Not a clue. The Skii weren't very high on the radar of the Tela, being seen more as living trees that somehow gained sentience. Sure, they were studied, but their physiology is so strange that nothing much could ever be profited from any research conducted."