Prologue: What Is This Bullshit

I died.

After 28 years of hard work, I died to a damn truck. Guess my luck ran out?

Point is, I'm dead and that's that right? Right?

Wrong.

Because, for some dumbass reason, I find myself floating before a translucent blue screen in the endless void. It's glowing blue screen the only lighting I have in this damn place for who knows how long.

I sigh, this screen might be one of the signs I had lost it. I mean, I was stuck in here for a long time with nothing but my thoughts.

I couldn't move.

I couldn't see.

I couldn't feel.

I couldn't hear.

There was no sense of direction either.

If someone were to ask me what this place is, I'd say it's hell straight up.

I then closed my eyes—didn't know I still had those—and ignored the screen.

...

...

...

...

...?

My eye opened slightly, only to still see the screen. Still and unmoving, with no signs of it disappearing anytime soon.

Floating vertically to face the screen, I began to read the words it displayed in bright white colored letters.

[Welcome host! To advance and activate the "Gacha system" please press the button.]

Sure enough, as the screen had mentioned, below the words was a button which wrote the word [Proceed]. My eyes narrow lightly at the name the system had called itself.

Gacha.

Now I, personally, have nothing against Gacha, but it's the drop chance which irks me. Which was one of the reasons I hate Gacha, but if such a thing is the only thing to keep me entertained in this damn place, then so be it.

'What do even get to lose? I'm already dead for fucks sake. I should atleast have atleast a little bit of entertainment.'

Reaching my hand to the screen, my eyes widen as my skin brushed against it. Feeling a cold metallic surface, something I had lost touch of in the time I was here.

'It's been so long.....'

Shaking out of my thoughts, I pushed the button.

*Ding!

[Congratulations! You are now the holder of the "Gacha System". Please prepare for interdimensional travel.]

I felt my eyebrow slightly rise at this, but before I could question it, I felt my vision start to blur.

'I don't feel so good.....'

With one last look on the screen, I saw it turn into a humanoid shape of a girl in white. Unfortunately, before I could see her face, I was knocked out, hearing only one phrase which sent shivers down my non-existent spine.

"I'll see you again, my love~"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

*Beep beep beep beep beep-

My eyes slightly furrow as I heard myself groan, I slowly open my eyes, my head a spinning mess as a light headache attacked me. Interrupted from my sleep I turn to the noise, my vision still blurry as I reach out to the blurry sight of a digital clock.

*Click

After pressing the clock, I sat up. Now fully awake as I began to look around.

'A.....room? A messy one at that.'

I thought, commenting on the messy room I found myself in. Even if I don't remember much from my first life as [REDACTED], I know I atleast keep my room clean.

I kept looking around, a feeling of confusion slowly sinking in.

Everything in the room was rather.....large.

Looking closely, I saw toys, books, a few video games, some posters on the wall about a game called "Sumo Slammers", and a nintendo switch by the desk.

My eyes narrow as I hopped off the bed, heading to the door.

'I have a vague guess on where I am, but why am I small?

I thought, looking at my arms as I stand infront of the door. The knob slightly higher than me.

I frowned slightly, I didn't like being short. Being average would be acceptable, but a shorty? No. Too much inconveniences.

As I reached for the handle, I paused. My head turning to the mirror a few meters away from me, my eyes widening at the person I saw standing in the mirror, staring back wide eyed.

In the mirror, stood a boy of short stature, brown hair adorned his head as a pair of green eyes accompanied it. He doned on a green pajama with black linings and stood staring back, wide eyed as I.

I took a step forward, and he did the same.

I lifted my arm and touched my face, and it did so as well.

I turn my head back, and whipped my head to turn to the mirror, only to see it doing the same.

I walked closer to it, my hand reaching out as it did so.

Coming closer and closer until my hand touched the smooth glass surface of the mirror.

*Creak

"Ben, you better be ready, school will start soon."

My eyes slowly widen at the revelation.

I had become Benjamin Kirby Tennyson, or more commonly known as, Ben 10.

'Oh shit.'

=======[Bonus]

My eyes narrow at the screen displayed infront of me.

[Please wait, host, as the tutorial will now start.]

It had been a few minutes since I had regained consciousness here in the void, waking up and seeing the same screen.

I sigh in defeat, there was nothing I could do in the void, and I might as well see what this thing has in store.

'Oh well, what harm can this damn thing do?'

[Error! Due to some circumstances, the tutorial run has crashed and the will of the omniverse is overpowering the system. Please prepare for (interdimensional) reincarnation.]

'Oh for fucks sake-'

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

[Problem has been solved. ALERT! Due to the will of the omniverse damaging the system, it will degrade. I give my sincerest apologies, host.]

=====

{End of Prologue}

A/N: Decided to make a Ben 10 fanfic, cause why not? After all, I did want to take a little break from DAS.