The Exit

Back on chapters!

Trek could defend that his first instinct when the door opened was to hold back whatever guard was on the other end. Maybe buy the other two some time and space to run. It took him a second to realize the person he'd punched in the jaw was not one of the purple-clad "troopers."

'What the fuck dude?' Fylkir yelped with clenched teeth. Finna started to help him off the ground.

'Sorr-'

'Why are you guys here?' Eron asked. 'You were supposed to-'

'Secure an exit? Yes we know.' The red-head replied. 'You guys just took a little too long. And where the fuck are Riff and Ikor? We need to get out- now.' She emphasized on the last word.

'Yeah, where are they?' Ao-ki echoed.

'They'll have to catch up.' Fylkir said, still rubbing his chin which made Trek a little more guilty. 'There is an alarm going off in the floors below, and let me tell you that thing was made to make you go deaf. It goes-'

Before he had finished that sentence, an ear-splitting ring bounced through the corridors, a loud warning reaching every corner of the place. He couldn't stop himself from pressing his hands to his head, as little as that did help.

'Well, like this.'

Finna pointed to one direction of the corridor. 'You guys go that way and take the stairs down until you meet Siren.' She shoved her way to the elevator instead. Trek could now note the security's bat in her hand. 'I'm going to find my idiot of a brother.'

She pressed close before any of them could object. Fylkir mumbled something about her not letting him take it instead before motioning to them to follow him down the hallway. He lead them over to the fire exit- which stood almost out of place in the middle of the meaningless grey of the walls. By the time they were going down the stairs, the yelling and footfalls of the guards got a little too loud to ignore. They went down- 2, 3, 4, 5, levels, with Fylkir at the lead, Eron close behind and Trek bring up the end.

Fylkir abruptly changed his course at the 3rd level or so, herding them back into the main building. Before anyone could question it, the voices of the troopers grew unsettlingly close, and a handful of them marched right past the door they'd just exited. The blond only took a short peak outside the glass of the door before taking them to a different one on another side of the flat.

2 levels down and they barged into the first floor again. Not so far into the corridor, was Siren, pushing a heavy wood door. she spotted them in an instant. This door, as they could tell up close, was the trash room, except it consisted of a single waste bin to the side and a wide open tube. There seemed to be enough room for all 5 of them to hide- who's going to look here anyway? Maybe not the best idea, though, you can never be too paranoid. Well, not in this situation at least.

'This one leads right out to the back ally.'

'Don't tell me we're going down that.'

'Finna said this is our best, least-expect exit route.'

'What is Finna? Your queen?'

Trek... wasn't really fond of the idea. Not after the vent crawling earlier, anyway. Selfish as it sounds, he just wishes they could all go now and find another way out.

'I can go down first. Y'know, to check.' Fylkir volunteered.

'I'm going to keep watch outside.' He said himself.

He first pondered locking the door and keeping an eye out through the small window on it, but he soon realized there was little he could make out through, the poorly-kept glass, and the thick wood of the door muffled many sounds outside. He opted to keep it open- at which point both Fylkir and Eron slid down.

When he poked his head outside though, he bumped into something black face first.