Chapter 9

When Shanks finally regained consciousness, he found himself in a soft, familiar bed, the candles cast long shadows on the walls.

He looked around confused, wondering if what happened was just a dream.

"Mihawk? Are you there?" his voice trembles with uncertainty.

Whatever happened wasn't more important than Mihawk being here, he needs to be here.

After few seconds that felt like eternity he heard rumbling from the direction of the window.

"I'm here" Shanks heard weak voice but when he saw crimson eyes staring at him...

"Oh... It's just you Dracule" he said with disappointment and a little worry, he didn't really like him. His hand unconsciously reached for the bite mark. The memory of  Vampire's fangs sinking into his flesh sent a shiver down his spine, and he couldn't shake of bad feelings.

"Well. Not exactly?"

"What do you mean? You are still in your vampire form?"

"Yee... but I'm somehow in control" He said while standing up.

"Ahhh.. S-so you won't bite me again? Right?" 

He..."Red-Haired"... flinched...

As Mihawk met Shanks's gaze who was looking at him with fear, it broke his heart knowing that his own actions had caused Shanks such pain.

"I'll go get water" Shanks said while trying to stand up but failing miserably. So he sat down on the edge of the bed. Turning his gaze away from Mihawk who stood lost in thought. Not even a minute had passed when Mihawk spoke.

"I'm sorry" he murmured, his voice heavy with remorse.

"I never meant to frighten you." Mihawk continued, his voice softening as he lowered himself to one knee.

"Or to hurt you." He reached out a hand, hesitating for a moment before gently resting it on Shanks's knee.

"I-I know... that you didn't mean to hurt me." Shanks replied quietly. 

"But it hurts Mihawk, it hurts that no matter what you promise me now, you can break it next time you turn"

Shanks hated the thought of Mihawk not recognising him again and treating him like a prey. It's as if the bond they built meant nothing to him.

"Shanks listen to me"

"We will find the solution, okay? Underneath the casle is a large library, we will find the answer until the next full moon."

"I promise, I won't hurt you again"

...

"Okay I'll believe you "

"Thank you, now let's go to sleep"

The full moon finally ended while Mihawk and Shanks unintentionally fell asleep cuddling each other. 

--------------------------------------

(It's too cute, I'm crying)