Chapter 18

Bianca sighed as she entered the backroom of the restaurant and she saw Nico smiling at his phone, texting someone. Nico was sat on the floor, leaning against the wall.

"How's Will?" Bianca asked, going over to her bag, grabbing it and sitting down next to Nico.
Nico brought his phone closer to his chest as Bianca sat down next to him.
"How do you know I'm texting Will?" Nico questioned, raising an eyebrow.
Bianca smiled as she grabbed a bottle of water from her bag.
"Because you two have been texting ever since he got back home?" Bianca said, taking a sip of her water.

"You two act like a clingy couple, even though you're miles and miles away."
Nico's cheeks turned red at Bianca's comment.
"W-what? You're being stupid." Nico mumbled, looking at his phone.
Bianca glanced at Nico's phone and she smiled as she looked at Nico who looked super happy.
"I'm not saying it's a bad thing." Bianca shrugged.
"It's really nice to see you so much more... relaxed. I don't know, you seem to be taking better care of yourself recently too."

Nico glanced at Bianca.
"I really like him." Nico stated.
"I don't think I've ever liked someone this much."
"Yeah, I don't think so either." Bianca smiled.
"You should get back to work in a few minutes though. Your break is nearly over."
Bianca nudged Nico gently before she looked into her bag for her lunch that she packed earlier.
"Ugh, okay, I just need to say bye to Will quickly." Nico rolled his eyes, quickly typing a message to Will.

-------

Nico:
Gotta go, Bianca is bugging me and telling me that my break will be over soon

Nico:
Talk to you later, Sunshine xx

Will:
Awhh, okay, I need to hang out with my younger cousins anyway!

Will:
Talk to you later, Tesoro xx

-------

Will sighed out as he stuffed his phone into his pocket as he got up from his bed.

He wasn't sure if he was up to hang out with his younger cousins and greet his aunts and uncles, but hey, he had no excuses to not hang out with his family!

Will exited his bedroom and made his way down the stairs, to head to the living room, and he could already hear his aunts and uncles talking and laughing loudly in there.

Will made it in and he saw his younger cousins just running about, they ran past him, nearly knocking into him.
"Oh! Sorry Will!"

Will sighed out softly and he looked to the couch where a few of his family members were looking to him.
"Good afternoon." Will smiled as he made his way over to where his mother was sat.

"William! We were getting worried, we haven't seen you in so long!" One of Will's aunts exclaimed.
Will managed a smile.
"Hah, sorry, I've been busy." Will grinned nervously.
"With what? It's still the holidays for you, isn't it?" One of Will's uncles had questioned, furrowing his eyebrows at Will.

Will cleared his throat and he looked to his mother. Naomi smiled at Will and patted his arm.
"Will found himself someone all the way in Venice, Italy." Naomi said, facing their family.
"So, they've been texting a lot ever since we've got back home. It's sometimes difficult due to the timezones."

"A girl-?"
"A boy." Will corrected.
Will didn't see any disapproving faces from his family, so he was thankful for that.

"I thought you and Nico would still be talking-?" Naomi looked at Will.
"He was messaging me on his break. Bianca told him that he had to get back to work." Will smiled at his mother.
"Probably won't be until like... 4 hours or so that we'll talk again and until he goes to bed?"
Naomi hummed.

"Well, sit down Will! Let's catch up a little before you can play with your cousins!"
"Yes! Perhaps we could see how your boyfriend looks?"
"Or perhaps we could talk about your studies? How is your journey on becoming a doctor, William?"

... Yeah, Will was going to have a great time until he could talk to Nico again.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 698

A/N: I'll publish the next chapter in a little bit since this one was short. Just gotta finish up studying biology first😒