Do Better

Dream to Sapnap rn ^
_____________________________________________

But there was one time Dream brought him up.

"You know, George is going to want to talk to you at some point."

"Well that's too bad because he won't," Sapnap shrugged. "Tony's not letting him in anytime soon."

"Listen, Nick, I get that he hurt you, I'm pissed at him too, but this is just cruel! It's- it's wrong! He's at home-"

"I don't care, Clay! Try having your heart broken countless times and see what that does to you!" Sapnap yelled.

"Are you seriously going to throw away 8 years of friendship because of this?!" Dream snapped. Sapnap went silent. Were they actually not friends anymore?

"what? N-no-"

"What is he to you?" Dream asked. There was genuine disappointment in his voice, and that caught Sapnap off guard.

"What?" Sapnap asked.

"What is George to you? Because I'm seriously doubting he's your friend at this point." Dream said.

"W-wait no- he's- he's still my friend..." Sapnap said.

"What's disappointing is the fact that I genuinely don't believe you." Dream shook his head.

"W-wait no- i- I want to talk to him!"

"Well that's too bad because you won't," Dream sighed. "I'm not letting you in anytime soon."
_____________________________________________

George didn't want to see Sapnap. Not because he was bitter, but because he was worried he would make him uncomfortable. So why was he stood outside of Tony's house? Why is he at the one place he knows Sapnap is? Why is his chest tightening as he hears footsteps coming towards the door he just knocked on. And why does it feel like a lump is stuck in his throat as he looks at the tall, muscular man in front of him?

"Uh- George what are you doing here? Nick doesn't really want to see you right now, he's still really upset with you-"

"Take care of him." George said, bitter and heartbroken, shame forcing his eyes to look at his feet.

That's why. He wanted to make sure Sapnap was okay and well taken care of. He just wanted to know Sapnap was doing better than he was.

He couldn't give a damn about the anger in their friend's voice. Well, given the situation he wouldn't be surprised if he stopped wanting to be friends with George.

"Wait what?" Tony asked.

"You guys are really close, and I can tell he loves you so just- don't hurt him. You don't understand how lucky you are to have someone like him love you like that..." George looked bad. His eyes were red like he had just been crying, his hair was all over the place, and just by listening to the pain in his voice you could tell he was not okay. The silence was awkward, and George could tell he probably wasn't wanted here. Just as he was starting to walk away, their friend stopped him.

"Wait!" Tony said, hand wrapped around George's frail wrist. God had he eaten anything? "You-" he sighed. "You really hurt him. But I can tell you care. I can tell you want things to be better. That's not easy. I still- I still care about you and I can tell you're doubting that. Do you need a hug?" He asked. George didn't respond. Instead he just dove into his friend with a force that could knock him over if he wasn't so weak right now. Wrapping his arms around the brit, he could tell George had barely eaten anything. He felt so small and weak, like he would crumple under the smallest squeeze.