[ 𝟏𝟏 ]

The glass of water in front of me was half-empty. My nails tapped against the table in a rhythmic pattern. I released a sigh and rested my chin on my left hand propped up. People in the restaurant engaged in social gatherings, talking amongst themselves as they ate their food. The sound of laughter from nearby tables didn't seem to make my glass appear half-full.

My phone vibrated and I swiftly grabbed it. A GMail notification stared back at me, my lit-up eyes grew dimmer and my smile turned into a frown. I turned off the screen and set the device aside, glancing back at the glass. Time passed by at the speed of the fastest snail and I sipped my water until the glass was empty.

The lingering feeling of perplexity began a couple of hours ago. I had just put on a black and red plaid dress over a white shirt and texted Ten that I was excited about our date. Typically, he wasn't the one to send a quick reply so I set my phone aside and fixed the golden belt around my waist. The top half of my hair went into a ponytail, and the remaining was curled at the end. Before leaving, I checked my phone once again, thinking that he must've replied by then. My shoulders dropped at the lack of notifications on my phone. I stepped into my black pencil heels and scrolled to my last message. No reply, the message left on read made me think he was trying to seem mysterious so I decided to play along. I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried at all.

The next time I texted Ten was to inform him that I reached the restaurant. I waited at our reserved table—he was the one who made the reservation. Soon, it became awkward waiting so I got myself a glass of water. Fifteen minutes into my waiting era, I called him but he didn't pick up. I called him ten minutes later, then another ten minutes later. After the three calls, I sent a text asking his whereabouts and stopped calling. I didn't want to disturb him anymore.

More than an hour had passed when I swung my dark red crossbody bag over my shoulder and exited the restaurant. The likelihood of him trying to appear mysterious became unconvincing by the minute. Honestly, it felt like Ten had stood me up. I glanced around as I walked down the street passing by various boutiques, restaurants, bars, etc.

Suddenly, I halted myself before a bar as something past the window caught my eye. An aquiline, slightly upturned nose. A smirk at the edge of the lips. An alluring pair of leather black eyes. I stepped back as I put the features together, realizing each of the features belonged to Ten. I released a disappointed sigh and raised an eyebrow when I looked around him.

My boyfriend was surrounded by a bunch of hot girls who passed him all sorts of colorful drinks.

It took me a minute to gather my thoughts and walk away from the bar's window. My pace quickened as I walked further down the street. I was occupied in processing today evening's events when I twisted my ankle and fell on the ground. Glancing around, I stood up and lowered my face, attempting to hide my embarrassment. Pain shot through my left foot, especially near the ankle. I winced and tried to keep my cool as I put my heels back on.

"Today was not my day," I complained to Sicheng over the phone.

"Are you sure you don't want me to talk to him?" he asked.

"What's the point?" I sighed. "Besides, if he's not replying to me, what are the chances he'll reply to you?"

Sicheng hummed in agreement.

"Ugh, I really want to punch a wall."

"I would advise you not to."

I let out a frustrated sigh and glared at my ankle.

"I'm sure he'll contact you again tomorrow," Sicheng reassured.

"Oh, he better," I mumbled. "Well, I'm going to pour some ice over my head and get some sleep."

We exchanged our good nights and good morning, then hung up. I tossed my phone on the side table and lay on my bed. The scene at the bar was engraved in my mind and it wouldn't leave me alone whether my eyes were shut, staring at the darkness, or open, staring at the ceiling. I recalled Sicheng's reassurance of my decision of simply walking away and not making a fuss in the bar.

But it's not like I would've broken up with him at the bar...right?

I closed my eyes and let the bottled-up tears stream down my face. Hiding myself in my blanket, I drifted off into sleep with the hopes that everything was just a bad dream.