𝟎. lady teinhai

It was a known fact that out of everyone within the Southern Air Temple, the one with the strongest spiritual connection was Aarro. Since she was young, she'd been more connected to the spirit world than some of the air bending masters that the nation held.

She was young, fourteen, when she once returned from the spirit realm with news for the council as she called them. "Afiko, pleaee, you have to believe me!" She pleaded with the man, on her knees as she looked up at him desperately.

She turned to the other nomads, "Anaga? Gyatso?" Aarro clapsed her hands together, "Why would I lie about this? About something so serious?" She questioned, "I take my job as a—!"

"Enough!" Afiko yells, "That is enough! You do not have a job, you aren't even close to mastering air bending and you think you have the right to speak to me about a job?" He steps towards the young girl.

She cowers, shrinking into herself, "I apologize." Aarro bows her head, "I just... I know what I'm saying. Aang is Avatar Roku's reincarnate." Her voice shakes as the man stands above her.

The nation started to not accept Afiko as their own, as the monk had begun to slip. He didn't follow the rules, so to speak.

"Just because you think your brother is special, does not make him the Avatar." Afiko argues. Gyatso steps in, "If I may." The man looks to his fellow monk, "Aarro is more connected with the spirit realm and the energy of it than we are."

"Gyatso is right," Anaga agrees, "I believe we should hear her out." The woman looks down at the girl who's eyes shimmer with hope.

"Thank you." Aarro stands, "I can feel her. I feel Raava inside of Aang. The energy, she's intense and overwhelming. His power cannot be contained much longer." She explains, "I believe we should take him to Omashu first, before anywhere, and get him started with earth bending."

Afiko's face is harsh, "We aren't even sure!"

"Aang was born the night Roku died!" Aarro begins to lose her patience, "I am telling you, he is the Avatar. I would not be here if I wasn't sure of it!"

"We will monitor Aang," Gyatso decided quickly before Afiko could begin yelling again, "We will monitor any possible actions that prove he is the Avatar."

Gyatso's words were only spoken to ease Afiko. Aarro could tell the man was on her side. He was her mentor, and now Aangs. He was like a father to the two kids. He would always be on Aang's side.

.𖥔 ݁ ˖༄

"Aang, what are you doing?" She asked, looking at her brother with a frown. It had been two years since the talk with Afiko, Gyatso, and Anaga. Since then, Aang has grown as an airbender. He had taken the title of the youngest nomad to receive the arrow tattoos.

"I can't do it," He tells her, "I can't be what you need me to be!" He throws his bag on top of Appa's saddle. "I'm not asking you to be anything, my brother." She steps forward, taking his face into her hands, "All I ask if for you to be a kid."

"But Afiko didn't, and neither did Anaga! They want me to be some... hero!" Aang exclaims, his big eyes glossing with tears. Aarro sighs, looking around, "If you're leaving then I'm coming with you. Just wait here for a second," She steps back, almost reluctant to leave him.

"Don't leave without me, Aang." Aarro pleads. The boy nods, using his bending to push himself into the air and land on top of Appa's shoulders.

Aarro turned on her heel and ran from the bison stables, going towards her bedroom within the woman's complex. She was quick to pack her belongings, even grabbing the sleeping lemur on her bed.