Chapter One - Flesh Pits

Kahn's Fortress, Outworld

Shao Kahn wandered the halls of his palace with Shang Tsung. They walked to a narrow hallway and went through. It was the dead of night and most of Outworld was asleep. Shang Tsung held his arm in front of Outworld's Emperor.

"Please, allow me." He used his magic to conjure a door up from the stone wall, revealing a hidden room. The room was lined with cloning vats and hideous abominations. They groaned as they pulled at the chains that held them to the wall.

Inside the cloning vats were multiple clones of Shao Kahn's 'daughter', Kitana. They had the same black hair, face shape and body but that was where the similarities ended. From her eyes to her nose, she may be mistaken for the Edenian woman but their mouths were deformed.

Sharp, long, deadly teeth lined where their lips would be. Shao Kahn smirked as he saw this, turning to Shang Tsung. "You've done well, sorcerer. You've recreated my pathetic daughter into a fighting, killing machine clone."

Shang Tsung grinned at this, walking over to a table where a clone was laying on top of it, her eyes closed and her breathing steady. "This is to be Kitana's replacement. The others in the vats are spares in case this one dies."

Shao Kahn nods, walking towards the exit. "Good. I see you do listen to orders. Make sure Kitana never finds this place exists. You've done enough."

They both exit the room, the wall closing back up behind them. The clone, Mileena, or what Shang Tsung had called her, sat up. It took some effort since her limbs felt like jelly. She tried to stand but her legs wobbled, forcing her to sit back down. She looked at her hands, flexing her fingers.

What are these?

Mieena took in a deep breath, cool air filling her lungs. Looking over to one of the cloning vats, she saw her reflection. "How do I get over there?" Mileena thought aloud. She attempted to stand but fell to her knees, knocking over the tools that were on the table.

Shang Tsung stormed into the room, angrily shouting but falling dead in his tracks when he saw Mileena, sprawled out on the floor. "Emperor!" he yelled out.

"She is awake."