New Home

Hi guys, I couldn't wait to write this chapter. So I didn't. 

Enjoy

Isabel

 I slumped through the airport doors and made my way to what I assumed to be the bus shelter my aunt had spoken of.  Sure enough, a tall lady in a black dress and her hair pulled into a tight knot at the back of her head stood in front of a bright red car. 

She looked responsible, refined, and rigid. Everything my mother wasn't. This was going to be a long year.

The lady looks toward me, then her eyes widen in shock. I guess I was covered in that girls drink.

"Isla?!" She said appalled as I neared the car.

I nod. Yeah this was me.

"Well, why are you all red?" She sniffed the air. "And fruity?"

Huh, how to respond to that.  Well Aunty, I pissed of a girl and she tipped her drink on my head. Yeah that was a great way to make a first impression, NOT.

"Um, I'm clumsy." I said instead although it sounded more like a question.

It wasn't a total lie. My clumsiness did start the situation but it wasn't my fault it escalated so fast. Those girls were way out of line but I didn't expect her to understand that.

"Well hop in. Time for you to see your new home." Aunt said without any further discussion on the subject.

I stuffed my suitcase in the back of the car and climbed into the passenger seat. I plonker my backpack at my feet and fiddle with the hem on my black skirt. I didn't felt nervous about my aunts place, she seemed like the kind of person who had a clean house, instead I was itching to get there so I could shower. the girls drink didn't smell bad but the stickiness of my hair was a problem.

We sat in silence as we drove through the crowded streets of Tokyo. We passed so many buildings that looked the same. The whole place looked as if it had regulations on what it was allowed to look like.

20 minutes of the slowest car drive of my life, we finally pulled up at a really tall apartment building. I guess that means my aunt has a flat. Back in Visby we had a cute little house that we painted lime green. I was going to miss Visby so much.

"Here we are." My Aunt announced in Swedish.

She didn't have to but I appreciated it.

With alittle help I wiggled my bag through the doors and wandered to the elevator. The entry was a small plain beige room with a Japanese lady behind wooden table and  a few bench chairs. In simple words it was boring. My Aunt punched in the number 34 into the elevator, the little buttons when all the way to 70.  70 floors! The elevator was slow but we arrived without extra stops.

The doors opened and my Aunt stepped out first, then me. Of course I tripped on the lip between the the 34th floor and the elevator and fall on my face leaving my bag in the elevator without me. i get up an brush my self off before turning to get my bag. Then a boy standing in the hall laughed as the elevator took my bag somewhere else.

"No, wait.." Yep that happened. I growled angrily.

Why! I lost my bag, and now the boy was doubled over laughing, at ME!

Gah, could this day get any worse? I hit the elevator button and waited 2 minutes till it got back but  it was empty. I lost my stuff! The boy stopped laughing. My aunt sighed.

"Hopefully someone will take it to the lobby." She said gently her words were still Swedish.

"Yeah hopefully." I gazed out into the hall.

My aunt leads me past the boy and to a door numbered 106 which she shoves a key in and opens. My new home. The walls were painted a pale beige unlike our lemon yellow walls at home. A small clean kitchen nestled in the corner behind a white couch. The whole place was so clean, and plain. My Aunt lead me down a short hall and through the last door.

"Your new room." She announced sweeping her arms wide, she had changed back to Japanese.

It had been decorated with MY white lace curtains and the small bed was covered with MY yellow bug net and MY collection of brightly colored pillows. maybe my mother was more prepared than I thought this stuff went missing 3 months ago.

I have a quick shower to rid of the fruit juice and borrow a shirt from my cousins draw. I hope she won't mind.

But I still wanted to go home. The rest of the tour was short. Each Room was tiny, it was a miracle everyone fits in them. My Aunt said Mamiko (my cousin) was out with friends and wouldn't be back until dinner and that I should go find my bag so I could unpack.

I agreed and went back down to the lobby this time via the stairs, I didn't want to trip again. The little lady was still sitting behind the desk focused intently on the computer screen in front of her.

"Err excuse me.." I began to ask. "Has a pink suitcase been put here?"

The lady look at me perplexed.

"I am sorry," The lady said. "I only speak Japanese."

Oops I must have asked her in Swedish. I apologise and ask the question again. This time I spoke in Japanese.

The lady shock her head and said she'll send out a message to the apartment If they find it. I smile sadly and thank her, hopefully someone will return it soon.

I press the elevator button and fiddle with the plant next to me as I wait. DING . The doors opened and I hoped in. The number 34  on the elevator dashboard lit up as I pressed it. In Sweden the elevator played happy tunes but this one didn't sing as you went to your desired floor. It was kind of upsetting, even their elevators weren't the same. 

When I reach the apartment 106 and open the door and talking to my aunt in the boy holding my suitcase.

I hope you like this chapter, I know I liked writing it. I can't wait to learn more about the boy from the hall. Who is he and why did he find her bag? I will write the next chapter in my free time as fast as I can. Happy Reading  : )