Chapter 1 - Dresses and Drinks

Hermiones POV

I followed Ginny as she huffed in anger. The seamstress had just put a huge damper on her parade. Harry and Ginny were getting married in two months and it just seemed like everything was going wrong. First it was the venue debacle. They had given their deposit, and the place was raided by Harry's Auror team. Turns out it was a hidden operation for powdered dragons tail. It was a new drug to hit the streets soon after the war and had already caused several deaths. Ginny was distraught for a while, but then I offered my childhood home for the venue. My parents wouldn't be coming back and the back garden was exactly what Ginny had wished for. My mother had worked on the garden since before I was born. It had a grand arch covered in rose vines. I had always dreamed my wedding would be there...but I didn't see that happening anytime soon. Plus it helped I was doing renovations and opening up the floor plan so it would accommodate many guests.

The next issue had been the caterer. She had been a nightmare to work with so far. We could barely get ahold of her and had too many issues already. Molly fired her and started planning the menu herself. The third issue was the cake. We had to go to a muggle baker because there was no baker in wizarding London who could make their cake. Everyone was booked up at this point. The muggle baker was sweet...but she didn't listen very well to her clients. She had already gone against Ginny and Harry's wishes because "she knew them better than they knew themselves". Instead of two cakes, she said they only needed one. Instead of chocolate, she said they needed vanilla. It was terrible. So, she was fired as well and now I'm baking and decorating their two cakes. Fourth issue...Lavender Brown. She and Ron had broken up. So, naturally, Ginny gleefully kicked her from the wedding party. Now we were one bridesmaid short.

Now to today...the seamstress had ordered the wrong dresses. Ginny's wedding colors were lavender, beige, and white. Bridesmaids dresses were, you guessed it, lavender! The seamstress accidentally ordered and made emerald dresses. How do you manage that? So now we were running around muggle London trying to find some last minute dresses. I assured Ginny we had time to order the dresses again, but she was fed up. She refused to ever order from that woman again.

"I just can't believe she could be so daft as to mix up lavender and emerald green! Who is that stupid?!" She pushed open the glass door to the small bridal shop we had just reached. It was the third one today. Ginny immediately went to the racks of dresses while I found an employee.

"Good afternoon, how can we help you today?" The young girl asked from behind the counter. I smiled in return before placing my purse on the counter.

"Hello, I need your help...majorly." She nodded for me to continue. "My friend over there is getting married in two months we have an issue. We ordered bridesmaid dresses, but somehow they were ordered in the wrong color. Please tell me you have lavender dresses in stock?" The lady named Diane, according to her name tag, looked over to Ginny who was vigorously searching and muttering. She's looked back at me and smiled.

"Yes we do. Let me take you two back...hopefully we can give you guys some good news today. It looks like you need it...and a drink." I laughed waving Ginny over.

"You have no idea," I muttered causing Diane to chuckle. She led us to an area in the back with fitting rooms along the walls. Once we reached the small couch in the center, she motioned for us to sit.

"Let me go grab the rack and we can see what we can do." She moved through the door and I pulled out my phone. I clicked call on the small icon of Luna Lovegoods face. After the war, I let muggle tech invade my life. Soon it was like a virus and majority of the wizarding world had phones.

"Hello Hermione!" Luna's always chipper voice rang out on the other end.

"Luna, can you come to Allure Bridal? We may have found something." Luna replied yes and hung up. We had split up to search for these damn gowns. They were on the other side of the square so it wouldn't take them long. Diane returned rolling a rack full of lavender dresses into the room.