V ━ why must one live a miserable life.

trigger warning below!

i. verbal abuse. ii. physical abuse. iii. mentions of baby trapping.

            NIKO'S FATHER IS a sadistic and cruel man, he never truly loved anything and he certainly didn't love Niko. His entire plan of gaining custody of her was solely for the checks coming in from her mother, he used Niko's mother to gain a child so that he could drink away without the burden of a job — Gotham helped in that as well with cheap rent and no responsible landlord to give you shit about not paying rent on time.

Niko, being two at the time, didn't know that her mother wanted out and her father threw the key without so much as a shove to the door. Niko wished she could go back in time and beg her mother to take her with her, but of course, with Niko being two, she couldn't exactly formulate sentences — but, she still prayed to whoever lived in the clouds to make her wish come true.

Now, in the present, Niko stands stock-still as her father throws his empty bottle of beer at the wall. His yells of her being a whore ringing in her ears as he stumbles to stand. Her father sways back and forth as he inches closer to her, his hot breath smells of booze as it hits her face and she gags at the horrible stench.

She wishes every night before bed that he would just keel over and die, but no one would answer her and she never got a phone call from the hospital telling her that her dead-beat dad was dead or dying. Niko shivers in disgust as the stench of him crawls its way into her nose, and her father's spit flies onto her face as he yells, "Your mother should've gotten an abortion, I'll never know why she wanted you, you're a fucking abomination!"

Niko knows that those words shouldn't hurt her as much as it does, she's heard them over a million times now. She knows she shouldn't flinch, she's taken so many beatings but she can't help it — her body can't seem to get with the program. "I'm not an abomination," Niko mumbles with her head down-turned and her father stops, his head tilts predatorily with his eyes darkened just like Jerome's a day before. "What the fuck did you say?"