oneshot

Sung Hyunjae's POV!!

•••

I have to admit I've been smitten by a certain someone.

Han Yoojin, Older brother of Han Yoohyun the Guildmaster of Haeyeon.

I don't mean to be getting ahead of myself however that man just interests me so.

He has never felt fear for me. He never seemed to mind the fact that I was an S-class while he was a mere F-class. He doesn't find me intimidating at all!

I'd say that interest me to the point I've taken a romantic interest in him.

We've been hanging out, me playing tour guild to him on some occasions. Giving him gifts such as protection in the form of red earrings inlaced with my mana. A bit too much in other's opinions but he seemed to enjoy it and that's all that matters to me.

I'll even say I believe that he might have feelings for me too. Maybe not romantic ones but with the way he's acting there must be a reason.

I may have only started being friendly with him because of the fact he's surrounded by many powerful S-classes and the fact his brother is Han Yoohyun but that's in the past. I've actually fallen for this man.

So I decided to confess to him.

After one of our usual Dungeon "tourings" we were just about to exit but before that I stopped him and told him I had something important to say.

He looked concerned and agreed to talk.

We went to a nearby ruined structure and he asked me what the I wanted to say.

"Yoojin, " I said in a calm demeanor.

"..?" He looked up at me with genuine wonder.

"Since we've been hanging out alot lately I wanted to admit that I have feelings for you." I told him with seriousness in my tone

He stared at me wide eyed for a few seconds before speaking.

"You're joking." Yoojin said with.. Fear? Was he suddenly fearing me? No that can't be right.

"I'm afraid not." I say looking into his eyes.

But those eyes just looked terrified. He used to look at me with eyes that glisten, eyes that were confident.

He turned away from me and faced a tree that was near the ruins.

I was worried but then he started speaking again

"N-no. You cannot have any feelings for me. Atleast say that they're platonic. They're platonic right?!" He grabbed me by my coat's collar and pulled me close begging for me to say the contrary.

"..Yoojin." Was all I could muster out looking down at him. He looked genuinely afraid but his fright slowly turned coldness.

"You know that I can never love you back? I am currently seeing other people." He retorted staring into my eyes.

I was seriously hurt by his words but I was more so worried about his sudden change in emotion. How could one be frightened suddenly become so cold?

"But we've gone on many raids together, we've been friendlier with each other, we've–" I tried defending myself but then he cut me off.

"–I go on raids with many other people." He countered.

"I know that, look I'm fine that you go on raids or hang out with other people but what we have is different!" I remarked.

"So when people ask you “who's the S-class you hang out with alot” you can say??" I questioned him hysterically, waiting for his response

"Han Yoohyun." He stated.

".. Are you seriously saying that what we have is nothing? That there is literally nothing special about our relationship?" I asked somewhat knowing the answer but held hope that he'd say something different.

"Hyunjae.. Do you want me to admit what I felt and still feel about you?" He asked me with a cold tone.

"Yes! Tell me what the fuck do you really feel about me– about us." I reply.

"I only ever saw you as a human bank. You treated me well, yes however I also knew that you would never do that if I wasn't Han Yoohyun's brother. You only ever hung out with me if it was convenient for you. You only bought me gifts because you knew damn well that Han Yoohyun's guild could benefit yours. There is no us. We are nothing more then people using each other for each other's benefits." He contorted his face into a disappointed or angry-ish expression.

I was stunned. Everything he said was.. True. I would never have had use my time to hang with him if I wasn't Han Yoohyun's brother. But it's different now.

"I have to admit that yes. I never would've done what I did with you if you weren't Han Yoohyun's brother but listen I've genuinely grown inlove with you. So please." I pleaded with him. Tears may have been falling from my eyes but I don't care how vulnerable I look right now all I want is to reasons with him.

"I'm sorry Hyunjae but there will never be a lifetime where I will ever love you. I don't need you. You barely mean anything to me." Yoojin told me. I wanted to hold onto him and beg but I knew that wouldn't do shit. He hated me.

He walked away from the ruin structure where we held our conversation.

I watched as he went through the Dungeon's gate. Exiting the Dungeon leaving me alone in this hell hole.

I'm sorry for loving you Han Yoojin.