Chapter 8

A/N: How I pictured the kiss happening lol.

Tobago: The Crescent Wolf Pack

It was the third and final day of the royal's stay. Many things have happened. A mate bond was broken. A royal was now in danger of discovery by the witches. The pack was in danger of a rogue vampire. The pack was also vulnerable without its Beta and Gamma. The council had sent over two nobles and a council doctor. The warriors had covered the entrance to the island and its blind spot while the council doctor educated the pack doctor on treating vampire bite. With the two warriors Emma was free to watch over Alice. She was sure the Alpha would blame her for his Beta's state but in truth it was an effect of the bond breaking. He will awake the same time as Alice and shift back to his human form.

Despite everything that happened there was something that cannot be delayed, rogue vampire or not. Today was the day Emma will pass judgment on the Alpha and his pack. She will put the Alpha through one final test to decide whether or not he was fit to be Alpha. Now he wouldn't know beforehand anything about the test. It will be unexpected and will reveal whether he has truly found his way as an Alpha werewolf whose purpose was to protect his pack and the humans.

She had spent most of the night thinking about what would be the best test to judge her mate's progress towards the humans until the answer final hit her. Her mate will never see it coming.

. . . .

The Bahamas: Blood Rose Pack

The Alpha's Office

"Your son seems to still be in shock." The council doctor commented after examining Kyle, the Beta's son yet another time.

"He had a close call with death and it was his first time seeing a vampire. Hell, none of our pack members have ever seen one and survived. He can take his time to recover, stop trying to force him." The Beta spoke agitated to the Doctor as him and the Head of the Execution team continued to hover over his son. It was only making Kyle more anxious.

Since the incident he has only ever said two words, 'red eyes' after informing the council it was then strong accusation that a rogue vampire was on the loose. Confirmation will come later but it didn't matter, it was a vampire, nothing else fits.

"Beta right now your son is the only living witness, if there is more to it we need to know. He needs to tell us everything that happened." The Execution head, Ethan spoke.

The council had sent over two teams of werewolves to the Blood Rose pack. One to protect and one to kill, the execution team will hunt the vampire while the other protect the pack. Since arrival these two have not left Kyle alone.

Bowing to Ethan, the Beta spoke, "I understand, it's just that he seems so scared right now and as his father I'm trying to look out for him."

"Right now you need to be a Beta not a father. Something came here and killed a pack member and it continued on to other packs killing their members. We need all the information we can get in order to find it and kill it. Your son was the only one to see it. What if it decides to hide among the humans how will we find it then? Once spotted a vampire is ordered death by all supernatural beings. It is the one thing we all agree upon. I can't find it if he can't tell me what it looks like." Ethan spoke sternly.

"Okay give me some time to speak with him, you guys can join my Alpha and the Royal warrior downstairs. I'll get him to talk." The Beta pleaded.

"Fine, we'll join them. As soon as he is ready mind link your Alpha. We'll all come back to hear what he remembers." Ethan spoke before turning and leaving with the doctor right behind him.