First day

You look at yourself carefully in the mirror, checking to make sure all angles looked professional.

"Now that screams Nurse." Your friend, Natalie, whom you left In Philadelphia with your old life laughed. You had your phone placed between the faucet and back end of the counter in the bathroom.

"I don't know, should I wear my hair up, or cover it?" You ask, this wasn't your strong suit. You wanted to captivate an aura of professionalism, but make your patients feel comfortable.

"It's your first day, show it off." Natalie said. "Besides, the twist out's kinda cute. Maybe you'll meet a cute doctor today."

Dating was out of the question for you now. Breaking up with your boyfriend Josiah last month, which ruined any view of the topic. "Gross, it's best not to date your co-workers." You scoffed.

"Come on, I'm sure the guys in Raccoon City are cute." She teased, "Oh wait, I forgot you don't go out."

It was true, you were a bit of a hermit. You avoided people at all cost, except when you needed to be around them. It was weird, you wanted to help others yet you avoided social interaction. A 12 hour shift at the hospital could create the perfect atmosphere for it, work with people then you can leave to your solitude.

"Don't worry," you jest, "I'll be getting plenty of social time in 12 hours."

"I mean, atleast it's 6pm to 6am." Natalie shrugged. "You only gotta be an early bird for a little bit."

Speaking of 6, it was 5:35. "Okay, I'm hella pressed for time, is this good?" You did a half assed 360 of your curls put up into a tight ponytail that made it so there'd be no loose strands in front view.

"Shiiiit...you're definitely getting laid by a doctor."

You snicker and hover your pointer finger over the end call button. "Goodbye Natalie." She smiled obnoxiously as you hung up. She was the light to your dull life.

30 minutes later--at the RGH (Raccoon General Hospital)

Every step behind your supervisor you took with great meticulously measure. As soon as you walked in, he looked you up and down unapproved.

"You'll clock in here. On time." He said made sure he added. Malcom, your supervisor looked like someone named Malcom. He had short brown hair, a slinky body, and a mean attitude.

"Sally will show you around." He pointed me to a nurse. She was curvy and had blonde hair tied loosely to the back of her head. Malcom left almost immediately after "introducing" the two of you.

"Hey love, my names Sally." She shook your hand. "Let's get you into some scrubs." She smiled softly. She was an older woman with a British accent, it made you lower your guard rather easily.

You changed into the your light blue scrubs and white flats. Your name tag sat promptly on lanyard that fell to the lower half of your chest.

"Peachy." Sally smiled. "There's so much going on lately, the ERs packed. So excuse some of the nurses for being a wee bit cranky." She pinched her fingers.

"I understand, in high school and college I volunteered and interned at Jefferson Hospital."

"Ooo," she hummed, "A Philly cat?"

You smiled, "Yeah."

"What made you leave the hustle and bustle of the city of brotherly love?"

Truth be told, you were going to work there, but you got offered a job in Raccoon City. Your mother and father thought it was of more "prestige" since it was the home of Umbrella. "You know...I wanted something more quiet."