The Great Fall

Oh why did you knock on my door dear bear and made your bed within my lair?
Did I not possess the blood of lamb? Was I mistaken with who I am?
Or perhaps rejection let the winter in. Yes. He did that. He drew the jinn.
He took your cape but saw no hat. Neither found a beggar's sprat.
Only jewellery of precious stones, a King's attire inside my home.
Dearest ache within my bones. Leave thee not my heart a stone.
Place your crown upon my head and let my soul rise from the dead.

Chapter 4

With winter fast approaching and the days becoming much colder now, Lisa finds herself adjusting well to the ever changing climate of Adena. Even though she sometimes still thinks about her old life, at least Victor regularly comes for a visit. Something she starts looking forward to as soon as he leaves again.
Life is peaceful and Lisa has come to love all the amazing creatures inhabiting the beautiful Adena.
There is a sense of responsibility towards each and every one of them and she uses this to fuel her drive as she yet again picks up the holyaxe and starts her practice session for the day.
Practice sessions that usually leads well into the night and today is no exception.

" The night has fallen! "

The owl shouts as soon as the last rays of the sun hits the horizon.

The sound brings Lisa's attention back to her surroundings. She can hardly believe the amount of hours already spent fighting alongside the old warrior and still there is no end in sight.
Lion is a tough warrior.
The best in Adena.

" Doubt and fear cannot reside within this space. We have been through this Lisa. "

Lion repeats himself for the umpteenth time that day.

" I know. I know. I don't do it on purpose. "

An exhausted Lisa half explains herself, but ultimately fails to do so.

' What is wrong with me? Why am I struggling to get this right?'

She quietly asks herself as she hangs her body forward and rests her weary head on the stem of the axe.

" Every day we go over this and yet it never changes. You simply cannot hesitate. "

The wise old warrior continues at his wits end.

' What if I cannot do this? What if I'm not good enough? '

Lisa continues to beat herself up.

" I'm afraid there's only one thing left to do... You leave me no choice. "

Lion firmly states as he stares at some invisible object in the distance.

" Kill her. "

A sharp intake of breath can be heard as the whole garden suddenly falls quiet.

" No! Please! "

Flutterby tries to intervene, but Lion has made up his mind.

" Destroy her. "

Lion sternly continues while a deeply surprised Flutterby looks on.

'Oh no, this cannot be happening. '

Flutterby thinks to herself and sheer panic is written all over her face.

" Lion.... Please! Who knows what else may die in destroying doubt
Are you sure... "

She tries, but again her words are in vain.

" I said, kill her! "

Lion shouts this time before stating more calmly.