Just let me adore you

Warnings: mentions of sexual assault + rape, homophobia, vomiting and slight angst

Third person pov:

Olivia's dad died when she was three so she couldn't really remember him. So, she never really questioned why she was the only girl with one parent in her class. Until she was 7. Olivia's mum did everything she could to ensure that she was never upset about her father but when Olivia came home from school one day crying because one of the girls had made fun of her for not having a dad Camilla felt like she had failed. "Mummy. why don't I have a daddy like everyone else?" Camilla's heart broke when she saw her six year olds glossy eyes. "Can you remember sweetie when I explained to you that we couldn't see nanny anymore because she has gone to a special place in the sky?" The little girl nodded. "Well your daddy is up there with her." Olivia sat there in silence for a minute. Can you find me a new daddy?" Camilla's eyes watered at her six year olds innocence. "Sure baby."

That convosation lead to a long list of boyfriends. There was Jimmy when Olivia was 7, who could make an amazing chicken pie. Brad when she was nine, who only lasted a few months and many more. 

Now Olivia is 14 and her mum is making her have dinner at her new boyfriends place that she has been dating for just under a year and apparently is 'the one'. But Olivia couldn't give two shits if this man was "the most decent human being" as her mum said. She'd had enough of meeting Camilla's new boyfriends, getting attached before they're gone in a few months.

My mum knocks on the black front door before giving me a look that says behave, making me roll my eyes. A tall man who looked to be in his late twenties opened the door with a huge smile on his face. He was wearing a graphic T-shirt tucked into a pair of purple trousers and a string of pearls around his neck. Olivia had to admit his fashion taste wasn't that bad. 

"Hey babe." He gives Camilla a quick hug and kiss before turning to Olivia.

"Hello you must be Olivia. I'm Harry and nice jacket by the way." He sticks his hand out for me to shake which I reluctantly do while grumbling a "thanks."

Harry leads them into his house giving Olivia a quick tour before she excuses herself to the bathroom and Harry and Camilla head into the kitchen. She splashed some cold water on her face trying to calm down the turmoil going on in her head.

When she had relaxed slightly she headed into the kitchen pausing at the sight Infront of her. A stereo was playing Don't Stop Belivin' by Journey. Harry and Camilla were dancing, laughing and singing. Olivia hadn't seen her mum this happy in years.  Maybe Harry will stick around? Olivia shakes the stupid idea out of her head, looking up again to see Harry had lifted Camilla onto the kitchen counter and had his tongue stuck down her throat. Olivia clears her throat making Harry pull away. " I would rather you didn't eat my mothers face while I'm here Harry." Harry apologised but she just scowled at him, making her mother sigh.

-

Harry had made Olivia's favourite (chicken katsu curry) for her and Camilla and a veggie version for himself. Olivia had to admit that was very sweet of him but had to keep reminding herself that he probably be gone in like 3 months max. Poor Harry also tried to make convocation with the teenager but she's either gave one word answers or shut him down completely.

"Can I be excused." Camilla nodded begrudgingly so Olivia went and sat on Harrys sofa and scrolled on tiktok.

Camilla grabbed Harry's hand. "I'm so sorry H. She's not normally like this."

It's ok babe. She just needs time to warm up to me." He presses a reassuring kiss to her forehead.

"Its probably a good idea If I take her home." Camilla stands up, pecks Harry on the lips and goes to grab Olivia. "Olivia we are going. Say thank you to Harry for dinner."