13. Learning

Nyx stood in the foyer of the Alpha's house, watching how Rowan, Constance, Marlene, and Clyde said their goodbyes to the rest of their family. They all hugged each other, wishing everyone the best and safety. They agreed to tell each other if they arrived safely at their homes and would soon contact them again.

Rowan and Constance were the first ones to enter their car and drive away. Then Marlene and Clyde with their daughter. As Marlene was busy with buckling her daughter safely in her car seat, Clyde took the last bag from the foyer. He locked eyes with Nyx as he hauled the suitcase up. He turned around and then stalked the human girl, a dangerous expression settled on his face.

Nyx became defensive and immediately sought out ways to defend herself and escape this disgusting mutt. Clyde left almost no room between their chests. Nyx could feel his heavy breathing on her cheeks. She tried to step backward but Clyde copied her by moving forward.

"I am warning you, little human girl. If you ever try to hurt my brother, I will kill you... And if you ever frighten, scare, or hurt my Marlene or Lena I will hurt you in ways you wish for a quick death. Be warned," He whispered darkly in Nyx's ear.

"Don't worry, if I am going to hurt your family, you are the first one on my kill list and I will assure you it will be in front of your dear mate and daughter, so they can see you die in front of their eyes," Nyx wickedly smirked.

Clyde wanted to charge at her when he was called by his mate. "Clyde, honey, we have to go!"

"I will be right there, my flower!" Clyde gave Nyx one last stern look and turned around.

Nyx scoffed and crossed her arms as the hothead made his way out of the house. She didn't mean as sincere as she made it seem, but Clyde angered her in ways she couldn't explain.

When everybody was sent off, Nora, Andrew, and Silas got inside again. The unknown man from the morning entered the foyer from the formal living room. He waited until Silas had said his goodbyes.

Nyx watched closely how they got close to one another again, whispered among themselves, and left to go upstairs again to Silas' office. The human girl wanted to sneak off and listen in on their conversation but Nora held her back.

"Was my youngest brother giving you a hard time again?"

"What makes you think that?" Nyx asked.

Andrew and Nora both laughed. "We both saw you two conversing rather intimate, but seeing as Clyde is an incredibly loyal man, I can only guess it was more intimidating than intimate," Nora remarked.

"It wasn't friendly if that is what you were wondering."

"Well, we can only hope time will heal our family dynamics."

Nyx hummed, not interested in what Nora was saying. "Anyway I am off to my room," And before anyone could interfere Nyx was already going upstairs. She searched for Silas' office which she found on the other side of the house. It was difficult to hide close by and therefore she couldn't hear them well.

Eventually, she decided to take the risk and stay close to the door. Much to her frustration she still couldn't decipher what they were talking about. Their voices sounded muffled by the big mahogany doors.

After ten minutes, Nyx gave up. Defeatedly she retreated back to the informal living room where Andrew and Nora were lounging in front of the television. If she couldn't get any information from the Alpha, she had to at least try to get something from the sister and her mate.

"Ah Nyx, how nice of you to join us," Nora lay with her back against Andrew's chest, he had his right arm protectively around her stomach, caressing it.