26: Jealousy

https://i.gifer.com/Snku.gif.

A FEW DAYS LATER

A FEW DAYS LATER

Although scolding me for speaking with Elijah and believing I could pull some important information from him with a stroke of my fingertips, Damon did congratulate me on eradicating our problem. Bonnie was successfully keeping my real intentions in daggering Elijah a secret between our quartet, only sharing the change with her Gram's the first chance she could. Besides that, Katherine had been running around the Boarding House and playing human, though I found it strange we hadn't crossed paths yet. Who knows, maybe she was avoiding me...

Matt and Caroline had finally made up, watching the live band at the grill going a lot smoother without exploding equipment and multiple fires. Ric and Jenna were still on the outs though, motivating me to the Gilberts front door early in the morning. I'd only been halfway through my first knock before the door sprang open, a frantic looking Elena almost collapsing into my arms. "Hey, hey, hey--what's wrong?" I held her close with a frown, glancing past her to see exactly what had her so stressed. "What's this, some warped family reunion?"

"Everything's gone wrong, Angel..." stuttering breaths hit my neck.

"Then it seems I'm right on time," I pulled away, stroking some of her hair back in place and forcing the brunette to focus only on me. "You and Stefan go upstairs. Calm down, okay? I'll be right behind the pair of you."

My gaze strayed to Isobel, Elena noticed. "Are you gonna talk to her?" She glanced at my arm, expecting my 'magic touch' to successfully decipher whether Isobel was lying or not.

"I think I deserve a private word with my kidnappers."

Her eyes widened, "Kidnappers? As in plural?"

"I'll explain everything upstairs. I promise, Elena." Her nod was shaky, Stefan taking her from my hold before it was just Isobel, John, and I left downstairs. "I'm sure neither of you was meant to be back in town 'till I said so." The door clicking shut behind me felt almost sinister. "Any reason that's changed?"

"Isobel learned some crucial information on Klaus," my eyes rolled as John almost cowered away from me, Isobel being the only one of the pair capable of maintaining eye contact.

I stopped in front of her, not missing how empty her eyes seemed... "I feel she did more than that," I caught her throat quickly, pulling her face closer for assessment and ignoring the strangled chokes that escaped her. "She found Klaus," I decided to share, assuming Stefan was listening in. "He compelled her..."

"W-what do you mean?" John panicked from behind me, Isobel's eyes widening in confused disbelief with my words.

Her vocal cords strained to form a raspy defense, "She's lying, John!"