Chapter 6: Day 2

The next morning came and went quickly. Me and Chara arrived at the school and headed to my first class, which for today was Magic History. Dr. Alphys was the teacher for this class, and when we entered the room, she seemed to be looking over her notes for the class.

I found a seat towards the back, and Chara wandered around the classroom, trying to find a place to settle herself. During classes, when she wasn't messing with me, she would hang around the edge of the classroom, preferring to keep away from people. The bell rings to signify the beginning of class, and any remaining students who were up quickly find a seat.

Alphys started the class with a basic introduction to magic and a few interesting facts about what the different colors mean. For example, despite being similar, light blue magic and blue magic do different things. Blue magic affects gravity, able to make you lighter or heavier, or make gravity pull you in a completely different direction than down, meanwhile, light blue magic means that you will be hurt if you don't stop moving. White magic is the most basic kind of magic, and it simply damages everyone if it touches them, regardless of movement. Green magic is healing magic, Yellow is ranged magic, Purple is able to restrict one's movement, and orange means that you can't stop moving or you will be hurt.

*

Class flew by relatively quickly, and when the bell rang for everyone to leave the classroom, everyone scrambled to get out to the hall. I took my time a bit to allow the crowd around the door to die down some. "(Y/N), can you stay for a minute?" I hear Alphys ask as I start to walk to the door.

I stopped and nodded, figuring it was about my soul. "Undyne asked me to look into why she and Papyrus couldn't bring your SOUL out, and I think I found the reason why. It's incredibly rare and has only been documented once before, but sometimes a SOUL can hide itself. It will show itself when it needs to, I just wanted to ensure you that there was nothing to worry about." Alphys explains.

"So it's hiding itself? I wonder why?" I wonder aloud. "There could be any number of reasons, but I think that is for you to figure out. You should probably get going to your next class. I dont want to be late on your second day." Alphys replies with a kind smile. I nod and make my way out of the classroom and towards my next class.

The halls were mostly empty, so I looked to Chara as I walked. "So I guess I am special after all." I joke, earning an eye roll from her. "Don't let it go to your head." She replies. We turn a corner, and I start to hear a lot of movement coming from the next turn down the hall.

Chara and I both look at each other, puzzled by what the noises were, and we pick up the pace a bit to see. Turning the corner revealed a group of 5 students, all around my age, cornering another student.

That student was Frisk.

I thought these clowns would have knocked this off by now, but every now and then, they pop back up like weeds. Some people don't like her because she is the ambassador to Monsters, which by now is more of an honorary status, as now monsters have established themselves a lot more. People still target Frisk because of it, though.

This is actually the first incident in a little while now. Most of the time, Frisk is able to handle it herself, but something tells me that with the numbers disadvantage, this won't be one of those times.

I step forward and open my mouth to say something, but Chara grabs my arm. "She can handle herself. Let's just go to class." Chara says, clearly not excited at the prospect of another interaction with Frisk so soon after their talk yesterday.

One of the 5 who has what looks like boxing gloves on, which I can only assume are magical, swings towards Frisk, and Frisk is barely able to bring up a red shield in time to stop it from hitting her, but she has to extend the shield to somewhat of a bubble as 3 of the others kicked at her. One stood back, who I assume was the 'leader'.

"I really don't think so." I reply, taking another few steps forward. Chara lets go of my arm and reluctantly follows. "Fine, I'll help just to get this over with, and so you don't hurt yourself." She says, floating alongside me.

"Hey, dirtbags! Got nothing better to do than pick on a little girl?" I call out to the 5. They all turn to me, stopping their assualt on Frisk's shield, which, even though her magic was incredibly strong, it was starting to crack. "Oh look, the knight in shining armor had arrived. We're oh so scared." The leader says sarcasticly. I recognized him. Never knew his name, but in every incident where Frisk was attacked or bullied for being the ambassador, he seemed to be involved.

"Really? Its you? Do you seriously have nothing better to do?" I question as I walked closer. Frisk was taking a much needed breather. She didn't look physically harmed, but her magic was probably drained. "Could say the same to you, (Y/N). You are really just the perfect little guard dog, huh? You always seem to be around when Frisk gets into any bit of trouble. This time is going to be different. We have magic now." The leader replies, as the boxing gloves guy runs forward and tries to take a swing.

Great thing about having a ghost friend, no one else can see them coming.

Chara simply floats into his path and sticks her leg out, tripping him up, and I move out of the way as he falls on the floor face first and slides a small bit from the momentum. Chara lets out a small giggle. The remaining 4 look at me confused, and I simply shrug. "Anyone else want to have a go?" I ask, giving a devilish grin.

I was tempted to summon another knife similar to yesterday, but there are cameras, and I'd rather not have attempted murder pinned on me somehow. The remaining 3 goons look to their boss, then to me, who is grinning menacingly and make their first smart move of the day, running away. The leader looks at me with a scowl. "One day, (Y/N), one day, you'll get what's coming to you." He says, trying to sound menacing as he walks away, but considering his lack of power in the situation, he really just wasn't.

I didn't bother trying to chase them. Making sure Frisk was OK was more important. I walk over to her and offer a hand up. "Are you alright?" I ask. Frisk nods and takes my hand, and I pull her up. "Yeah. I'm fine. I probably wouldn't be if you didn't get here when you did, so thanks. And thanks to you too, Chara." Frisk says, smiling a small bit. I almost forgot Frisk can see Chara.

Chara avoids eye contact with Frisk, finding an interest in the wall next to her. "I really didn't do much..." She replies.

"Still, I appreciate the help. Now, I'm probably gonna have to fill out paperwork for this incident since it involved magic, so I better go. You should get to class too, not much time left before you're late." Frisk says, rushing off. She seemed happier than when she saw me and Chara yesterday. I wonder if she's warming up to the idea of us being around. I hope so, cause that isn't going to change.

I take Frisks' advice, and Chara and I speed off to my next class. Luckily, this school gave us a generous amount of time before considering you late to class, so we made it in time.

*

(Hope you enjoy, and as always, feedback is always welcome!)