The Rumors

It was the first day of summer vacation, the bees were buzzing, birds were chirping, and it was around 100 degrees. But none of that mattered. I had a plan to make this the best summer vacation EVER!!! Hi, I'm Jamie and do I have a story for you... Me and my friends and I all wanted to do something completely different this summer, but I knew what to do. It was a cold Saturday night. We were in my room for a sleepover discussing what we could do this summer. My friend Hanna suggested that we go to the Big E.

My other friend Eric suggested that we go to the creepiest houses on the block. I suggested that we try to find the lost island, we didn't know what idea was best so we decided to do all three. The next morning, after having waffles, bacon, and orange juice, we went to all of the creepiest houses on the block. That was the closest, and my dad couldn't bring us to the Big E until this afternoon after work. The first house that we went to was Mrs. Fatima's house.

It was a nice house with gnomes at the front and a beautiful backyard, but people said she was a crazy witch that put spells on her enemies. We didn't know if this was true or not, so we went and knocked at the door with caution when she answered we looked inside and we didnt see anything, but we assumed that she kept it hidden, that's when Eric asked "Do you have any spell books or remedies of any kind?" She then said, "I see... You kids need to stop believing everything you hear out on the street."

We stood there in shock. Hanna said, " But people have stories of you doing magic and putting an evil spell on them." Mrs. Fatima laughed like Hanna just told a joke, Mrs. Fatima, still laughing, said, " I thought that rumor would have been gone by now. When I was younger, my friend Ali came over she got on my nerves, and I said a random spell that I learned from reading a book. After that day, she had some prettey bad luck, and she told everyone that I had put a spell on her, I mean, she's not wrong, I did put a spell on her. I just never thought that it would work." I said, "Wow, that is so interesting. So you do have spell books?" "Yes I do, but they don't all have evil spells in them." Mrs. Fatima waved goodbye as she closed her door, Eric then said "lets go to the next scary house." The next house we went to was Mr. Charlson's house, his house had a bunch of flowers in the front lawn, and he was supposed to have a huge dog that lived in his gigantic backyard. The dog's name was Beatriz. She was supposed to have sharp teeth and huge claws, Hanna was allergic to flowers, so she had to stay back, but Eric and I rang his doorbell.

When he answered, Eric immediately asked, "Are the rumors true? Does your dog have huge claws and sharp teeth?!" Mr. Charlson exclaimed in his British accent, " No, my dog is not a beast." I said." We're sorry we didn't know, but if you don't mind me asking, how did your dog get that rumor?"

"Well, if you must now, it was the middle of my 30th birthday. My mum and pop got me a dog, and boy was she feisty." After he said that the Golden Retriever peeked out and Eric screamed, Eric said sadly," Look, she doesn't have Sharp teeth, huge claws, and she isn't big" Mr. Charlson said, " I told you she isn't a beast." I then started to walk toward her, and I let her sniff me, then she let me pet her behind the ears. She was actually super friendly she wasn't even hyperactive. Mr. Charleson continued to explain how his dog got that rumor. He said that Beatriz had bit his dad in the leg, so his dad posted to watch out for her. After that long story, it was finally time to go to the Big E.