Chapter 1- Fogging a Mirror

As you read this, just know, things are never as they seem. Heroes can be wicked, villains can be full of sorrow. Morals can be smudged. So, as you read this twisted story, who follows our villain and his interactions with a ghost from the past, just know that what you may think to be true, is almost never correct.

To begin, we must start long before the beginning, with a single being. A being who called himself Sans, but let's be honest, we all know the story of Aftertale, Sans takes the Determination, goes to the save screen, and eventually is rescued by another Sans. And then in a thirst for knowledge, he tested with his determination, before being sent to a place known by one simple name, the Anti-Void., and turning to pure hatred for existence itself. This story takes place long after those events.

The Mutliverse's turmoil has calmed, and it seems that there is a sort of one-in-a-million chance Peacetime. The only ones causing problems are Nightmare and his subordinates, with there now being no new universes being made, there were no new universes being destroyed. Ink and Error had grown as friends, while Nightmare and Dream had only grown further and further apart.

There were very few things in the Anti-Void, mostly Error's puppets he had sewn out of boredom. However, there was a bean bag, A one way portal to Undernovelia, and a Mirror. Errør, for some reason, always found himself looking in the mirror, without his memories of the past, he often found himself wondering if he had a life before the Anti-Void, before the voices, before the hate that had consumed him for so long. He would sit there for hours, sometimes only being broken out of his trance by Ink showing up to play yet another arbitrary game, and, as he sat there, seeing his broken and glitched reflection, he swore for a second... he saw something new. For a second, he saw a skeleton who looked like a total inversion of him, with a red scarf and white jacket, as he leaned to take a closer look, the mirror fogged up, before Ink popped in, with a shout, he said to Errør "Pshh, you're still looking at that dumb mirror? Whatever, I just found something really weird in Underswap, wanna come take a look?" Ink said, looking at his scarf the whole time to make sure he remembered everything. "Uh.. sure, I guess." Errør said, with slight confusion on why Ink would want him to come, he has a lot of other friends, hundreds, even, and yet he insisted on bothering Errør while he was relaxing. "Great! C'mon!" Ink says as he takes out his brush, making a portal, and dragging Errør through it.

As they reached this Universe, Errør remembered back in his prime, when he had kidnaped Swap Sans, and it ended with him getting his first real "friend". He thought back on those memories with a sense of melancholy. He couldn't exactly place his finger on why he felt this way though. As they walked through the underground, he noticed several constants in these more Original-like worlds, though still not as great and perfect as the original universe. They walked through the same woods he had seen many times before, until they reached a clearing. In it, there was nothing but a Mirror, with a lone reflection staring back at Errør, he couldn't even see Ink at this point, lost in a trance... He Reached Out.

(Author's note)

Hey guys! Been a while, huh? Anyways, I'm gonna be working on this series, it will only feature a few actually original characters, but I hope you enjoy nonetheless! Have a wonderfuly chaotic day, bye bye!