26- 𝑫𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆?

"Are you a okay now" Irene asked lightly caressing Jennette's hair still hugging her

Irene woke up at that time because her throat felt dry. On her way to kitchen she thought of checking Iris and Jennette but saw only Iris on the bed. When she saw the washroom light switch was off too her heart skipped a little thinking 'no way she went out at this time'. Before calling her husband she felt like checking the 2nd floor. Running up she finally found Jennette on the balcony.

Jennette nodded with a sniff. She calmed down few moments back but still didn't want to let go. After a long long time someone hugged her this warmly and she just wanted to feel this warmth a little bit more.

"You know i was so scared when i couldn't find you. I thought you left without telling anyone"

Finally breaking the hug Jennette slowly muttered "sorry"

"No don't say sorry. It's okay. Are you okay now?" Irene softly asked brushing Jennette's hair with her fingers. Her hair was a mess as she was clinging it tightly moments back.

Jennette closed her eyes thinking 'don't cry again oh my gosh stoppp' she wiped her eyes and smiled at Irene "I'm sorry auntie for worrying you. I just saw a dream. I'm okay now"

Looking at Jennette's sudden smile Irene asked with concern "what kind of dreams?"

Jennette's smile dropped for a moment but blinked and looked at the sky which was not black anymore "it was- ah i forgot.."

Irene looked at the small girl beside her. She clearly lied, Irene didn't force her to share. It's just a dream after all but Irene wondered why does she look like that? She's been thinking about this since the kidnapping incident. Girls her age should not look like that. She couldn't figure out an exact odd spot but something was definitely not right.

They sat there quietly looking at the morning sky together. It's was beautiful, as if the cold night was never there.

Jennette finally broke the silence and asked "do you believe in fate?"

Irene looked at her "fate?"

"everyone is bound to their fate which they can't escape no matter how hard they try... something like that" still looking at the sky Jennette thought 'what am I saying?'

"Hmm... it's a difficult question. Answer can both be yes and no"

Jennette looked at her as she continued "you know I used to believe in astrology and stuff a lot when I was a teenager. So I once went to a tarot shop with a friend" she paused and laughed lightly "it's funny how I cried all the way home" Jennette blinked and curiously asked "why?" Irene looked at her left hand "the woman said I'll not live long"

Jennette looked at her with wide eyes. Irene laughed at her expression and said "i looked at her like this too haha. After crying for 2 days I remembered what she said when i was getting up to leave, she said I must escape my fate to live my fate"