Chapter Ten; Dragonstone

Visenya's family had left past middle the night, which made Visenya almost get caught as they did not see her in her chamber, but she was astute and came up with an excuse.

Her family did not wish to continue in the Red Keep longer than necessary and opted to leave by ship, but Rhaenyra's sons and daughter went by dragon back instead.

Back in Dragonstone, Rhaenyra, Daemon, and Aegon and Viserys finally arrive while Jace, Luke and Visenya had already been waiting for them in the hall. Luke was sitting by the fire place while Jace and Visenya stood to receive their mother.

Some time after her arrival, Jace confesses to his mother about his worry over his grandfather's blood fever. Hoping it is not what kills him he also shows nervousness about inheriting the Driftwood throne. He is confident but is unsure of being ready for it.

"When my father named me heir I was not ready," Rhaenyra confessed to Jace as she fixed his hair. "But I decided that I would earn my inheritance." She reassured him with a smile.

Jace and Rhaenyra share a mother and son moment but were quickly interrupted by a maester as he informs her of the arrival of Rhaenys on dragon back. The news surprised her and she calls Daemon to be alongside her to receive Princess Rhaenys, but sends Jace and Luke out leaving Visenya present.

Rhaenys bluntly reveals the news of Viserys' death and the coronation of Aegon held in the Dragon pit. She proves this by informing them on how she found out by bringing Meleys above the boards of the Dragonpit killing everyone that stood where she had. Leaving as a threat a roar from her dragon and storming off.

Daemon decides that it was murder the cause of Viserys' death and blames Rhaenys for not killing the Greens when she had the opportunity to.

"It is not mine to begin," Rhaenys defends herself with.

Visenya feels a strong worry and fear consuming her. She is Queen of Westeros now, though she is not wed to Aegon yet.

"Am I Queen?" Visenya asked herself as she looked down to the ground in disbelief. "Will my mother crown herself Queen instead?"

She becomes dizzy and with her Rhaenyra also becomes sick and showing signs of the starting of labour. Handmaidens of Rhaenyra bring her to her chamber to begin the procedure of childbirth.

While her mother was taken to her chamber to began her delivery, Visenya hurries to get ink and paper and begins writing a letter. She goes to her raven, which is the only raven that flies to the Red Keep in search of Aemond and Aemond only.

Rhaenyra is in agony as she cannot birth the baby and shouts curses to the unborn. While her mother suffered, Visenya sent out the raven then quickly joined her step father, Daemon. Daemon was reinforcing Dragonstone defenses by getting men to re-swear their fealty to Rhaenyra, the Black Queen, under threat of burning them with his dragon.

After a long exhausting and painful childbirth, Rhaenyra finds herself carrying the stillborn body of a monster. A deformed baby girl with scales, a dragon tail, and a twisted body.