Nakshatra

Description:

Gauri, a young village girl holding firm views about morals and religious principles, wanders as a storyteller much to her mother's distress. Reality obscures fantasy when she receives a marriage proposal from Royals of Rajwada Palace. Driven by ambition and greed, her parents marry her off to a mysterious widower, who dwells in shadows of his lonely castle and is often referred to as monster incarnate. Now lost in gloom, inside the royal palace of great warrior kings, Gauri is about to learn a tale of cursed reality - NAKSHATRA.

Excerpt~"I am the man you never dreamed of. You are the woman I never wanted. This is our problem. This is our issue and no outsider has any right to clear this to us. My ancestors were warriors and yours were agriculturalists. What difference does this make? We killed to protect and Growers worked to fill hungry stomachs. We are not the same but we are equal at the same time." Breathless, she turned to face him but he was long gone. The air still carried the evidence of his manly cologne. For the first time in the entire day, a real smile spread on Gauri's lips. Tears still fell from her eyes but this time, they held a different meaning. Respect for the man she married developed in her heart. At that moment, he wasn't merely a man but a teacher like Lord Mahadeva was to his wife- Goddess Parvati.

Author:  Paavaki 

Status: Ongoing