Chapter 3

A week later

A week later

India Janel Brooks
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

A WEEK AFTER the call with my grandad, I decided to take his advice and not let Joshua and the promise get to my head.

Which is why I'm at a club.

Drinking my life away.

"C-can I pleasee get another one?" I slurred, asking the bartender for another drink.

The bartender nodded and began to make my drink but abruptly stopped as soon as someone stepped behind me.

Cautiously, I turned my head slowly to see who was behind me.

"J-joshua" I slurred, confused.

He blankly looked at me. "India"

"Y-yes Joshy?" I hiccupped.

His ears turned red, but he kept himself composed. Still sporting a very hot, but angry face. "We are leaving, let's go" He grabbed my arm dragging me out of the club.

"Wha- Wait! Where are we going?? You can't just pull me out of the club like this!" I exclaimed, trying to pull myself out of his hold.

He stopped walking and pulled me towards me chest. "I can just pull you out of the club. It is mine. And I am taking you home, I do not like you out here getting wasted by yourself. It is extremely dangerous. Those people in there do not care about you. They will take you with no remorse." He spoke seriously, his amber eyes piercing directly into my dark brown eyes.

(A/N: if you hasn't noticed, his eyes change colors. green to amber)

I frowned. "B-But I-i was having fun"

Joshua started dragging me to wherever he was taking me again. "I do not want you getting killed from having to much fun, India."

I rolled my eyes and huffed. "I hope you know that this is kidnapping, Joshua." I said but continued to let him take me towards a black car. 

He looked at me with a blank face and opened the car door once we reached it. "This is my car, and I am not kidnapping you, I am helping you." He stated, then placed me in the car and buckled me in.

As he was walking towards his side of the car, I thought about the whole reason I was at the club in the first place. 

Inadvertently, I caught a attitude.