Chapter 3: Capture The Flag

A/N: Again, we stan an icon. Now I have midterms and some big life stuff coming up, so I'll be taking the next two weeks off from updating so that I can get my stuff done! So I'll see you again at the end of March with more updates! Anyways, let me know what you think and enjoy the chapter!

Rin was patiently waiting in Demi's bunk for the older girl to appear—and considering it was well past midnight, the younger girl was getting impatient. Clarisse had returned a short time ago, completely soaked with two of the other Ares Campers. She wasn't in the mood to talk.

When Demi finally came into the Cabin, heading straight to the bathroom—Rin hopped off of the bunk and followed her in. Demi stared tiredly into the mirror, not even flinching when Rin appeared in the peripheral of her vision.

"Shouldn't you be in bed?" Demi questioned pointedly.

"Shouldn't you not be sneaking out with Luke again?" Rin challenged, jutting her chin forward.

Demi just let out a sigh, turning to face her younger sister. "I thought you liked Luke."

In the dim lighting of the bathroom, Rin honestly looked like something out of a nightmare as she scowled. "I do. It's just that the last time you guys broke up—"

"It's not like last time," Demi insisted, shaking her head at the younger girl.

"You said that the last three times." Rin retorted.

Demi just let out a deep sigh and crossed from the sink over to her younger sister, fixing a strand of loose hair for her. "You don't have to worry so much about me."

"Well who will if not me?"

That caused a small smile to appear on the older girl's face. "You're one of a kind, you know that?"

"How could I forget? You and Chris never seem to let me forget."

"It was meant to be a compliment, brat."

Rin rolled her eyes, which then landed on Demi's neck. "You should really cover those up. The last thing you need is Clarisse or Annabeth ripping your head off because you and Luke are bad at keeping your hands to yourselves."

Demi's cheeks flushed as she glanced down, realizing that she did indeed, have several hickies on her neck. "Just go to bed."

"Just helping!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time that Friday came around, Rin was absolutely certain that Percy was more than panicked. Mostly by the fact that he had very kindly asked her not to pulverize him during Capture the Flag.

She just gave him a confused look. "Haven't you been training with Luke for the past three days?"

"Three days doesn't really feel like it's going to save my life against your sister." Percy deadpanned, glancing over at Chiron—who was due to start the gathering for the games any minute now.

"You may have a point." Rin said with a slight wince. "Fine—okay—just this once, I'll try to make sure Clarisse doesn't murder you during Capture the Flag. After this, though, you're on your own."

Percy just gave her a crooked grin. "Got it."

Rin turned her attention back to the Ares Cabin, finding them strategizing at the tables. As expected, Demi was watching in interest as Clarisse laid out the plan. Almost unconsciously though, Rin found her mind wandering.

She couldn't help it very much—not when she and Clarisse were on the same level when it came to strategizing and it always ended the same. Clarisse liked to hunt and draw things out for the first few hours of the games (and they always took a few hours anyway). Demi usually ended up fighting Luke—or making out with him (which was something that Rin had accidentally happened upon one too many times). Annabeth tended to want a short and sweet victory—