White

White. White walls. Hard, white walls. White ceiling. White clothes. Buckles, white leather. Everyday, white rice on a white plate. No taste. The white floor is cold. Every passing moment is white. White... White light. No shadows, no darkness, just white. The light is screaming at my eyes. Even when I close them I can still see white through my lids. So tired. Rice came again through the slot near the white door. I scream at them to talk, to say anything! Just so I can hear something besides the blood rushing in my ears and the walls shifting. They open the door and beat me, telling me not to talk. I'm so relieved, finally, something other than white. The sensation isn't white so it feels good. I couldn't see their faces under their white masks. I can't see the bruises under my clothes. I wanted to see the purpleish blue of my skin. Anything but white. Twitching. My body pulsing. Vague faces in the walls. They are in pain, just like me. No sound. Not allowed to talk. The ones that beat me don't let me cut myself. I dream of cutting. To see the red and smell the iron flow down my body like a warm shower. I bite down on my lip a day ago, but before I could see the blood the masks rushed in and covered it. Anything but white. Biting at my buckles. Hitting myself against the cold walls. Looking and listening to the faces. They don't mind me looking at them. I think they like it. I don't know how long it's been. My hair is growing where I can see it now....its dyed white. In the corner is a pile of white rice and plates. I don't need to eat. The faces are beginning to scowl. Their lips and eyes contorting into expressions of anger and disgust. The faces are screaming at me now. Ears ringing. They scream that I'm never getting out of here. They scream and scream and scream getting louder and louder and louder!... Then they stop...I can't hear anything but the ringing in my ears. I call for them. Their screaming hurt my ears but at least it wasn't white. Anything but white. Since I spoke the white masks came and beat me again. I loved it so much. After they leave I yell again to have more beating... But they didn't come this time. It's been so long. I can't see the walls anymore, just white. I only see the door now. One door in an empty, white void. I have almost completely bitten through the white leather of my buckle straps. The door is shifting. Staring at the door. More biting. Biting until I'm free. The leather is thick. I keep biting. I feel myself bleed. They'll come now. I feel the blood running down my gums. I hear their foot steps. They're getting louder and louder. The blood is on the tip of my left canine. Hurry hurry hurry almost there. One more bite. The white door's heavy, mechanical lock begins to turn. The white leather gives way. The door opens. My hands are free...

...The after math was gorgeous. I'm standing here. The door is open, but I don't leave.  I lines of scarlet running down the walls that were formerly white. The white rice absorbing the little drops of red. The white uniforms, now caked with maroon. The masks, now cracked and spattered like a work of art. The vacant eyes under them, blue...brown...and green. Their intestines a beautiful pink. All the gorgeous color. I lick the drop of crimson from my tooth. I feel the heavy taste of the iron sliding around my tongue, then smoothly diving into my throat. "Finally..." I open my hands, letting one of the guards legs drop to the floor with a load thud that broke the silence. The noise echoed down the dark hallway outside the door. "Something other than white..."