Close Call

Maria POV

"Alright, I've got my things packed and-" The sound of my doorbell being rung interrupted me mid-sentence and I'll admit, I got a bit panicked. "Lucifer! Hide, now! Whoever is at the door can NOT know that you're here or Heaven will have my head!" I whisper yelled, snapping my fingers and teleporting my packed things to the other room. Lucifer opened the cupboard under the sink, shape-shifted into a snake, and hid inside. "Just a moment!" I hollered, closing the cupboard behind my younger brother and rushing over to the front door, opening it to see none other than Chamuel standing in the doorway.

Chamuel! What a pleasant surprise! To what do I owe the pleasure of your visit today?" I greeted nervously. "Hey Maria! I'm just warning you to be cautious of visitors and guests for a while, Lucifer was recently spotted sneaking out of Hell and seemed to be heading in this direction." He informed."Of course, of course, is there anything else?" I asked. "No, that will be all, have a good rest of your day." Chamuel nodded. "You too," I smiled, closing the door and leaning against it, breathing a sigh of relief and allowing myself to slide down till I was sitting on the floor. "Okay little bro you're good, he should be gone..." I coaxed, coming back over to where he was hiding and opening the cupboard door. "Thanks, Maria, you are a life saver," Lucifer nodded after shape-shifting back into his more humanoid form. "No problem, it's what older siblings are for," I shrugged.

"And before I forget, there is no way you're going in THAT... You'd stick out like a sore thumb..." Lucifer commented, pointing to my outfit. "Good point..." I agreed, nodding. "Badda Bing badda boom! Now that's more like it." He grinned, snapping his fingers and changing my outfit. "Ooh! I didn't know you actually gained some fashion sense when you fell..." I teased. "HEY!" Lucifer whined. "You know I'm right little bro." I continued, jabbing him in the side and chuckling to myself as we walked out the front door. "Haha, real funny Maria..." Lucifer rolled his eyes. "Come on, you know I'm just teasing," I reassured, bumping him in the side and causing him to also smile and laugh a bit. 

"Here we are! The Crossroads!" I announced, pausing briefly for dramatic effect. "At least that's what I call it, as you can probably tell I don't usually bother to nose into whatever the business of the other kingdoms is unless it directly affects mine, which it never does but whatever, not having any attention from the other kingdoms is nice, to be honest." I shrugged before pausing. "That sounded a lot less sad in my head..." I admitted. "Moving on! Hell is through the South gate right?" I asked. "Yup, South gate," Lucifer nodded, leading the way. 

479 words

A/N

I hope you guys are enjoying reading this story as much as I enjoy writing it, remember to comment, I love reading what you guys have to say about my writing suggesting what you think could be improved in my stories, and submitting requests! Anyways see you next time! <3

- Maria