One

WHEN LOVE LASTS | I
" do i look hot? "
{' PILOT '}

WHEN LOVE LASTS | I" do i look hot? "{' PILOT '}

LOVE WAS A complicated sentiment. It could be all consuming and then turn into nothing but a memory. Love and life came hand in hand. Life was complicated and sometimes love was what made it complicated. Nicole had a complicated life and most of that complicated stemmed from love. It was a feeling she tried to run away from since she was a teen and it carried onto her adulthood. Love was forever too complicated for her to ever indulge in it until the day she finally let herself fall face first into it. Everything changed after that.

The morning sun peaked through the blinds of the home. The dark blue curtains that reached the ground were pulled back like they were most mornings to let the light in. The smell of bacon and eggs filled the main floor along with fresh brewed coffee. The sharp knife hitting the cutting board echoed and the sizzling frying pan was just starting to slowly lower as the stove began to cool.

Nicole was fully dressed in her usual work attire, a loose dark blue button up and black slacks. Her heels were beside the couch, waiting for her put them on before she left. Her hair was curled perfectly, not a single strand out of place just like her makeup, her eyeliner perfectly straight and her skin was radiant. The usual rings that adorned her fingers were resting neatly in the front foyer. Her diamond necklace decorated her neck, glimmering at certain angles.

The woman heard footsteps coming down the steps causing her to glance back as she finished cutting the strawberries. "Good morning." She said happily once Anastasia was in the kitchen. She sat at her usual spot, across from her mom. The dark mahogany table had two plates where the two would sit and two more plates in the middle of it but they were stacked with food.

"Morning." Anastasia responded. When the fruit was cut, Nicole set the cutting board in the sink and walked to the table with the bowl in hand. When she sat down, her daughter already had her plate filled with food and she was pouring orange juice into her cup. "Is Estelle awake?" She asked her mom.

Nicole shook her head. "Not yet. Your dad said to let her sleep in so she won't get tired later." She said as she grabbed a couple of pieces of bacon with a pair of small tonsils. Anastasia nodded.

"I might go out later. If that's okay." She said making her mom falter for a second. Her fork froze as she was cutting into her eggs but she recovered just as quickly.

"Sounds good. I'll probably have a late day in the office anyway." She lied. Once more, Anastasia nodded.

Life was different. Incredibly different from what it once had been and from what she imagined it would be. She was well aware that her life had changed because of her own decisions but that didn't mean she didn't still hurt from it. Just five years ago she was married and her kids were happy. she had just given birth to her youngest and she thought it would just be the same as before. Little did she know, she would be raising him separately while her other two kids could barely look at her.