Meeting

Having spent the night at the hotel, Lucifer awoke with the dawn, finding himself alone in the stillness of the early morning. With the other residents still lost in dreams, he silently made his way down the stairs, the wooden steps creaking softly under his weight. In the quiet solitude of the lobby, he busied himself with preparing a simple breakfast, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee filling the air as he welcomed the new day.

Not long after, while engrossed in the latest news within the pages of the journal, Lucifer was joined by Vaggie.

"Oh, hello there, Vaggie, isn't it?" he greeted her warmly, his smile reflecting genuine pleasure at her presence.

"Do you always rise with the sun like this? It's a pleasant surprise to have company at this hour."

Vaggie returned his smile shyly. "Hello, Your Majesty," she replied, pouring herself a cup of coffee.

"Oh, please, just call me Lucifer. We're practically family now," he insisted kindly.

Vaggie nodded, a faint blush coloring her cheeks as she felt a sense of belonging in the easy acceptance of her girlfriend's father.

"Yes, I usually wake up before everyone else," she continued, taking a seat in front of him. "It's an old habit I can't seem to get rid of." Lucifer looked at her knowingly before closing his journal and standing up. "Yeah, Heaven tends to do that. I fancy some pancakes, do you want some?" She looked at him surprised, a bit confused about his mention of Heaven. "Oh, I wouldn't want to bother," she replied hesitantly.

He shook his head. "You aren't bothering. I'm the one proposing, I insist." And so he began to prepare the pancakes, taking the time to do each step meticulously, even though he could have simply made them appear. "I love to cook. That's something I never had the chance to do it when I was up there. As a Seraphim and one of the council and all that, we had people doing it for us, but you already knew that, didn't you?"

She smiled faintly. "Haha... What...?" she trailed off, looking down at her feet.

"It's alright... I won't tell anyone," he reassured her with warmth and kindness. "It is nice to have another angel to talk to." He handed her the plate, adorned with warm pancakes shaped like ducks, looking absolutely appetizing. "Here you go," he said with a smile.

She looked at the plate surprised and smiled. "It looks so good. We can see you enjoy cooking," she remarked. He seated himself in front of her, his own plate in front of him. "Haha, you are too kind," he chuckled before taking a bite of his food. "So, since it's just us, why don't you tell me what you did to end up here with us?"

Vaggie sighed and looked thoughtful, as if recalling painful memories. "I spared a kid on extermination day.." she began, her voice heavy with emotion. She looked at her pancakes in silence before continuing, "And... Adam, took my wings and my eyes and left me in Hell. Charlie found me right after."

Lucifer listened intently, nodding as he ate his pancakes. "I'm sorry for your eye, but if it's of any comfort I think your wings will grow back eventually. Adam is a piece of garbage. You did the right thing... I..." Lucifer sighed, sinking back into his chair. "I'm sorry, Vaggie."

She looked at him silently, a bit confused, as he continued. "I'm the one who signed the contract with Heaven for extermination day..."

Vaggie shook her head slowly. "But it wasn't your idea, was it? I'm sure you had your reasons," she replied, offering him understanding.

Lucifer smiled a little. "Thank you." They finished their breakfast in silence, soon joined by Alastor.

"Good morning," Alastor greeted as he entered the kitchen. "I see your Majesty is an early riser."