Chapter 14

He seemed nervous. He stood, extending his hand to her.

"Why don't we dance?" He asked.

She accepted, slowly dancing with him. Little did she know, both her mother and Cade's were hiding away, filming the two with tearful eyes.

He gazed into her beautiful grey eyes, smiling.

"Hadley, you are so beautiful." He spoke, keeping his eyes on hers. He took a deep breath, reaching his hand into his pocket and kneeling.

Hadley's eyes widened, and she covered her mouth.

"Hadley Crest, will you do me the favour of making me the happiest man in the world and give me your hand in marriage?" He opened the black velvet box he grabbed, revealing a beautiful diamond ring.

"....Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!" She replied, blinking away tears.

He grinned, placing the ring onto her finger, standing and wrapping his arms around her waist as she wrapped her around his neck, pressing her lips to his.

A week to the wedding.....

"Hadley your dress is gorgeous, he's surely one lucky man." Ava, Hadley's new found best friend, spoke.

It's been a year since the proposal. Jackson and his family moved back, taking over the family ranch as their mother fell sick. She still would be around for a while, but the sickness left her incredibly weak.

Hadley would be getting married next week.

About six months ago she ran into an old friend of hers, Ava. They were close throughout the entirety of highschool, but lost contact after graduation. She was glad she came back, for she would be her maid of honour.

"Thank you, I'm so excited."

"Same, I'm happy I came back." Ava looked into Hadleys eyes, placing her hands on her shoulder. "I've missed you greatly."

"I have as well." She chuckled, picking up her phone as it rang, it was from Cade's mother.

She answered, confused. She figured it must be more wedding plans.

Boy was she wrong.

"Hey Hadley...It's Cade.." His mother spoke, her voice cracking.

"What's happened?!'

"Well...as he was on his way home, some idiot ploughed into the driver's side of his truck."

Her mouth fell open, and tears immediately fell down her cheeks. She dropped her phone, grabbing her keys.

"Hadley- Hadley what's wrong?"

"Ava...He's been in an accident...I have to go."

"Let me drive you, you can't drive in this state." Ava spoke, taking her keys. "Let's go."

They drove quickly to the hospital, parking in the lot. Ava walked her in, stopping at the front desk.

"Hadley!" Cade's mother called, rushing to her side. They hugged, Hadley sobbing into her shoulder.

"He's upstairs...I figured I'd let you sit with him, he's stable.."

Hadley entered his room, rushing and sitting beside him. She grabbed his hand, looking at his pale, bruised and bloody skin.

"Oh Cade...you'll pull through this...please.." She whispered, kissing his hand. "For me..."

Tears silently rolled down her face as she looked at his sad state. She gently stroked his cold hand...

Cold. Icy cold.

The machine suddenly stopped, instead of its steady beep, it was a long steady one...

"Cade!" She cried out his name, standing and moving out of the way as nurses rushed in.