Chapter 5 - Trust

A day went by, allowing me to adjust to my new living quarters. Doctors would enter and take vitals and ask me various questions regarding my health and symptoms. It took until the evening for Wesker to check on me again. I was only able to tell since I had received what was deemed as lunch a few hours prior.

He entered the room, messing with some electronic device in his hand. Once I looked up at him and stood, I saw it was a sort of tablet. Wesker glanced up at me, tapped something on the tablet, and shut it off. Placing it on the table in my room, he pulled out a chair and sat, watching me. I suppose I was expected to do the same.

"Good evening, Y/N. I suggest you sit down and discuss a few things with me," Wesker flatly announced with a smirk.

I tried not to show too much attitude, yet I had the gall to ask, "Why would you discuss something with a 'test subject?'"

Wesker's smirk faded and he sighed. "I was going to offer some assistance regarding your parents," he began, standing up slowly and turning towards the door, "but I suppose not."

"Wait!" I jolted forward, reaching towards him. Wesker turned his head slightly and I noticed he was smiling again. Fuck. He got me.

"So, you want to talk after all?" He teased, turning around to look at me from across the table.

"Yes," I confirmed, dropping my head in shame. I pulled out the other chair opposite to him and sat, planting my elbows on the table and resting my chin in my hands.

Wesker sat down as well, folding his hands with poise and dignity. "You have been showing great signs of cooperation towards me and my staff. I commend you for that." He tilted his head and seemed to be showing some sort of acknowledgement. "We decided to provide you with some benefits in order to establish trust."

"Trust?" I lifted my chin from my hands and tilted my head the same way as he. "What does this have to do with my parents?

Wesker nodded. "I'll get to that. First, as you know, Uroboros is very difficult for one to control. Being able to display such an ability is a sign of something more than human. I see you as an equal for being able to take such a virus. Furthermore, your work ethic and intelligence has proven worthy."

I leaned back in my chair, taking my arms off of the table. Does he admire me or something? This hardly seems like a good thing. I'm something similar to that of a B.O.W.

"So you want trust because you find that I'm not deserving of inhumane treatment?" I inquired, shifting uncomfortably. "And that includes helping my parents?"

"Correct. You're a clever one."

I quickly looked away, breaking eye contact. Such a compliment shocked me and I felt slightly embarrassed. I quickly asked, "How did you know about... my situation?"

"Oh please," Wesker scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Is there anything I don't know about?"

Feeling like a smart ass for some reason, I mused, "Me?" I was still looking away, but I peered back at him with my eyes. Wesker's expression seemed to tighten with frustration yet confusion.

"Oh, but I do. Where you live, your age, your legal name, your family connections... all of it." Wesker stood up and towered over me, leaning over the table. I guess the guy doesn't like getting invalidated. On the inside, I chuckled, because my boss and a man whom I was so deathly afraid of simply had a laughably short temper.

I veered my head to look back up at him. "Yeah, but you don't know me. Who I really am."

Wesker waved his hand dismissively, his eyebrows digging deeper into the bridge of his nose as his anger increases. "That doesn't matter."