6 - park

i went to bills house every day this weekend. christmas break starts in a week and im so thrilled. our project is coming out so good!! bill is a great person to work with, weve built such a strong friendship as well.

im sitting in my last class of the day on the high bleachers, pe, just thinking about what my christmas break would be like. "psst." ill probably hang out with bill or something. "pssst, june."

i whip my head around, its ansel. he wont ever let me forget that hes in this class with me. "june are you gonna do anything this weekend?"

i roll my eyes. "i dont wanna go out with you. ansel, i dont even want anything to do with you." he scoffs, "please june just one chance-"

"ansel leave that poor girl alone." coach klein says, "she obviously doesnt want you. matter of fact," klein throws the ball at ansel, "you get out there."

i laugh as ansel gets up to play ball.

during pe, i usually just sit here and do nothing until the cheer coach gets here but today, practice was cancelled. im not even sure why we still have practice if football season is over but its whatever.

the bell rings and i grab my stuff then head out the gym. i spot annalise and walk up to her. i stop mid way, shes talking to someone.

my heart drops as the crowd clears up, shes talking to tom. why does he have to ruin all my friends. you might think im over exaggerating but tom doesn't just have female friends.

i just continue walking and thank god i did because i spot bill as well. hes walking by himself so of course i run over and tap his shoulder. he jumps but turns and smiles at me. "hey june."

"hi bill! how was your day?" we continue walking out of campus together.

"it was boring, what about you? do you have any plans for today?" he asks, "my day was okay, and no i dont have any plans. maybe do you wanna go to the park together?"

he smiles wide, "thats sounds fun." i smile and we walk in the direction of the park. bill is such an awkward boy but i think its cute. ive only known him for like a week and i think i already like him, just a little bit..

:¨ ·.· ¨:
'· . ౨ৎ

after a bit of walking, we finally made it to the park. we sat on the swings and talked for what felt like hours until suddenly, bill pulls out a pack of cigarettes. "do you smoke?"

"i mean, yeah just vapes but ive never smoked a cigarette." i lied. i smoked cigarettes my 9th and 10th year just, because. i quit because i moved schools and wanted a freshstart.

"oh okay, no pressure." he takes a long drag and we continue to talk. eventually, i ask for a drag myself. "are you sure june? i dont wanna cause a bad habit."

"i promise its okay bill." he nods and passes it to me. i inhale deeply and exhale. i cough a bit and bill pats my back. "im okay!" i smile.

if u couldnt tell, theyre seniors in hs and theyre also like 18.