Friday

3:30 PM

I stared out at the train tracks ahead of me, the horrizontal lines of the rails matched the scars tracing my body. It was a normal day to anyone besides me, sunny with few clouds and only a slight breeze. It was the first day of spring to anyone besides me, as for myself, today marked the one year anniversary of when Dylan did exactly what I was about to do.

Dylan.

What went through his head before he stepped out onto those tracks? What happened that week that caused him to end his life, and why hadn't he told me? We'd been best friends since we were little kids, we shared stories of our life, we showed each other our scars. He trusted me, didn't he?

Oh, Dylan.

3:45

The train comes at four, I have fifteen minutes.The wind blew and my hair was flown into my face, blinding my vision with dark brown streaks. My mother always loved my hair, she said she always wanted the long curly waves I've got, unfortunetly her hair is completely straight. I wonder how she'll feel brushing my hair and making it look nice for one last time, only to have my body laid into a caskit. I'm sure they'll need to wash the blood out of my hair, off my body, if there even is a body left that is.

My poor mother, she'll be devestaded, but maybe not that much. After all, she always tells me how worthless I am, how much of an embarrassment I've become to this family. She tells me I'm fat, it's no wonder they diagnosed me with anorexia, my own mother made me feel like shit. She always used to tell me how revolting my skin was, does she know that some of those cuts are because of her?

3:55

I took a deep breath as I stepped onto the tracks and stood in the direction the train would be ariving from. The wind blew and I could smell the steam coming from the train that was about to end my life. My note was laying on my bed at home, waiting for my parents to open and learn that their 'little princess' was gone.

I'll be with you soon Dylan, I promise. I'll never leave you again.

I took one last breath as I heard the train coming closer. I closed my eyes and waited for the impact. The sound of the wheels rolling against the rails got louder and louder, I could smell the steam so much it was as if I'd been enveloped in it.

This will all be over soon. This pain will end.

I opened my eyes one last time to see a roaring train directly in front of me. The pain came quick, but it was over just as quickly. As the train rolled over me I could feel my heart slowing down, I closed my eyes for the last time.

Finally.