17. This will work.

Ace POV
I lay on my bed watching TV lazily. I have a lot of texts from Ashlynn but I ignore that. I hear a knock at my door.

"Its open!" I say. Anthony walks in and shuts the door behind him.

"We need to talk." He says. I sit up and turn to him.

"About?" I question.

"Shayde."

"Okay."

"Do you like Shayde?" He asks.

"Yeah." I say nodding.

"Then what happened yesterday?" He asks.

"I don't know. I just wanted to make sure she was sure of what she was saying and getting into. I might still have feelings for Ashlynn though and it's confusing the hell out of me. I just don't want to hurt Shayde." I answer.  Anthony sighs.

"A little to late. Go talk to her. You and her belong together..." He says. I look at him. "But if you hurt her again. I swear to god you will never have children. It took a lot of courage to not beat your ass yesterday." He threatens.

"I will take note of that." I say with a laugh. I get up.

"Shayde left to the gym about an hour ago. She might still be there." He says. I nod. I change into some basketball shorts, a Nike muscle tee. I grab my keys and get in the car. I drive down to the gym and walk inside. I look around and immediately some girls send flirty glances my way. I ignore them and spot Shayde over at the punching bag. She is wearing some sport shorts, a sports bra, and a hoodie over it. I go over there and tap on her shoulder. She turns around and looks at me and turns back around.

"Look Shayde, I'm sorry. I was a total ass yesterday. I was just scared you would regret liking me." I say to her. She turns to me breathing hard.

"For starters you're right you are an ass. I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have done that, I basically was guilting you into liking me back. I j-just have a lot o-on my mind with my dad on the loose and all i-its just-" She stutters as she breaks down. My eyes widen. In two large steps I bring her in my arms.

"Don't worry I won't let anything happen to you. I'm going to keep you safe no matter what." I whisper in her ear. I look her the eye.

"Shayde, I've waited to long to say this but will you go out with me?" I ask her. 

"You finally grew a pair and asked." She sniffles smiling. 

"Is that a yes?" I ask. She cups my face with her hands and kisses me. I laugh into the kiss. I kiss her back.

______________________________
Shayde POV

We walk inside and see Anthony and Shailene making out. "I'm legally blind I swear!" I yell. Anthony and Shailene pull away.

"Oh please! Looks like you and Ace will be doing that a lot too." Anthony retorts.

"Oh you know it." Ace says winking.

"I swear I better not become an uncle." He says. I laugh and then 6 squeals sound out of no where. Cami, Trinidad, Fisher, Mckayla, Lesly, and Shailene are standing there with happy expressions.

"How the hell did you all get here so fast ?" I ask.

"Everyone knew it was going to happen. As soon as Anthony told Shailene that Ace went to go apologize, Shailene knew Ace would ask you out and she was right." Cami answered. I look at Shailene. She shrugs.

"The people have the right to know." She says. I roll my eyes.

"You guys want to go to the park?" I ask them.

"Sure." They say in unison. I run upstairs and change into some shorts, a maroon crop top, my black Nike high tops, and then I put my hair in a high ponytail. I go back down stairs and now the boys are all here. I jump on Ace's back and he laughs, and we all head down to the park. I notice the new girl with Tanner.

"Tanner, who's your new chick?" Alec calls out.

"This is Clarissa, my girlfriend." He says. We all nod and say hi to her.  We walk to the park and hang out a little and then walk over to the cafe across the street. We hear a commotion moving this way. Gun shots are heard as a van zooms past no one is hit, luckily. They throw a piece of paper and Ace picks it up. 

"It reads 'Keep watch. Death can happen at anytime.'" Ace reads out loud. I look at him and my head feels like it's spinning. Ace runs over to me. The others have horrified looks as they process what Ace said.