The Truth and the Aftermath

Lanie can't get her mind off of the test and the potential implications of the result. She lies there, unable to fall asleep, just thinking to herself. She can't stop thinking about how everything has changed, and how her life may change even more in the coming days.

Lanie keeps laying there, her thoughts becoming obsessive. She's trying to prepare herself for the possibility that the baby may not be Vin's, and she's getting more nervous about how to move forward otherwise.

"Will Vin be okay with the result, and will he support me during the pregnancy if the baby isn't his? I don't even know what I'd do if the baby wasn't his, he's the only one who would be able to help me raise a baby on their own." Lanie feels increasingly worried as she thinks about the possibility of having to raise a baby on her own.

"I'd have to get all new stuff, I'd need a proper job and somewhere bigger to live, and I'd have to do everything on my own. I don't know how I'm going to manage this." Lanie keeps thinking of the consequences of this hypothetical scenario where the baby isn't Vin's. She begins to worry that she might not be able to do it, and she starts to panic.

Lanie is starting to have a full-blown panic attack, she keeps thinking of how difficult it would be to raise a baby alone. She's imagining all the different costs, all the responsibilities, and all the stress that she'd have to take on by herself.

Lanie gets out of bed, feeling like she needs to do something to calm herself down. She's shaking, her stomach is hurting, and she's struggling to control her breathing. She heads to the bathroom and looks at herself in the mirror, she stares at her reflection as she keeps fighting to calm down.

Lanie keeps trying to take slow deep breaths, but she can't seem to get her heart rate and breathing under control. She keeps staring at herself in the mirror, she wishes that she could just start over and do things right this time.

Lanie finally feels like she's back under control, and she gets up from the floor and walks back to her bed. She lies down, still feeling anxious about the paternity test but trying to relax. She closes her eyes and tries to think of something else for the moment.

As soon as Lanie gets the text from Vin telling her the time and date for the paternity test, her heart starts to race. She's feeling nervous about the results, but she's also relieved that Vin is taking some responsibility and making sure the test gets done. She starts to get ready to go out, making sure she has everything she needs for the test.

Lanie gets herself ready in time and heads over to the clinic at the scheduled time. She's feeling anxious about the results, but she's also trying to stay calm and positive. She's hoping that the test will prove that the baby is Vin's, she wants to have him there to help her through the pregnancy.

Lanie walks into the office and talks with the doctor. The doctor explains the process of the test and what they'll be looking for. He tells Lanie that it will take around a week to get the results back, but that it will be absolutely straightforward. He also tells her to make sure that Vin is there when the results come back, in case there are any unexpected complications or problems.

The doctor then hands over the paper information for the paternity test as Laine takes it and grabs a pencil out of the cup, she then starts filling out the information. She answers the basic questions about her health, and she signs where indicated. She hands in the papers back to the doctor, he tells her to have a seat and wait for Vin to arrive.

Vin arrives at the place just a few minutes after Lanie, he looks nervous and unsure but is trying his best to act stoic and tough. He's worried about the results but he's determined to take responsibility for the baby if it turns out to be his.

The doctor directs both Vin and Lanie to the room where the test will take place. They are told to sit down across from each other, the doctor leaves and closes the door behind him. Both Vin and Lanie are feeling nervous and uncertain, but they're trying to hide it from each other.

The doctor locks the door behind him, leaving Vin and Lanie to sit quietly in the room together. The silence is uncomfortable and the tension is high, both Vin and Lanie are avoiding looking at each other. They both keep thinking of the results and how their lives may change depending on who the father is.

Lanie can't keep herself from thinking about the possible outcomes again, she's starting to imagine how different life might be if the results show that the baby is not Vin's. She's already starting to visualize her life as a single mother, and she's getting more and more anxious as she keeps thinking about all the challenges she'd have to deal with if she had to raise the baby alone.

Lanie keeps getting more and more anxious as she continues to think about the future, the result of the test is becoming more and more important in her mind with each passing second. She can't stop imagining worst-case scenarios and she can't keep herself from stressing out about every single possibility.

The doctor hands the paternity test to Lanie, She takes it and looks at it for a moment before handing it straight over to Vin. She wants to get the results as quickly as possible so she can ease her worries and plan her future accordingly.

Lanie's heart sinks as she sees the result. She realizes that Vin is not the father of the baby, and her anxiety immediately rises again as she starts to think about what this means for her future. She can feel her heart beating even faster and she has to take a deep breath to remain calm.

Vin's first reaction is to attack Lanie for supposedly trying to trick him. He immediately feels betrayed, and he's feeling angry and hurt. He tells her, "I can't believe you would do this. You just wanted to trap me into taking responsibility for a baby that wasn't even mine."

Lanie reacts with anger as well, she's feeling offended and hurt by what he's saying. She yells back at Vin, "I didn't try to trick you! I told you from the start that this baby was yours, how are you going to turn this around on me?"

Vin continues to press his accusation. He insists that she purposely tricked him into thinking the baby was his, and he seems to be getting more and more angry as she continues to defend herself.

Vin seems to be gaining the upper hand as he finally says his decision, "I am not helping you take care of something that is not my fault. You have slept with another man and it is not my duty to help you with you're actions."

Lanie reacts with outrage when she hears what Vin says. She shouts at him as he leaves, "You can't just abandon the baby, you're still the father!" The doctor then announces shortly after Lanie said that saying that Vincent is not the father biologically.

The doctor's announcement only adds to Lanie's outrage. Lanie continues to yell at Vin, "That doesn't make a difference, you were still there at the beginning so you should be there until the end! You can't just walk out on me like this."

Lanie starts to cry with frustration at Vin's sudden departure, she feels hurt and abandoned in a way that she did not expect before the test results were returned.

Lanie stares after Vin as he leaves, feeling absolutely devastated by the reality of the situation. A part of her is angry at him for leaving and not taking responsibility, but another part of her is terrified at the idea of being a single mother. She can't help but let her emotions come out as she starts to cry harder when she realizes that she'll have to raise this child without the support of the father.

Lanie keeps repeating the question in her head, "If Vin wasn't the father, then who was it?" The result of the test seems to have shattered her entire world, and she's beginning to wonder if she even really knows who the actual father is.

Lanie feels a wave of guilt and shock when she remembers the person she had sex with before Vin. Her mind begins to fill with questions about whether or not this other person is the baby's father, and whether she should try to identify him and contact him about the situation.

 She wonders what the future holds for her and the baby after the result of the paternity test has changed everything. She can't stop thinking about the person she had sex with just a month prior to having sex with Vin, and she starts to imagine all the worst-case scenarios that may happen as a result of this discovery.

☆☆☆☆