Chapter 6 - My Brother's Keeper

Riley and Hayley were standing in the barn on Pastor Young's farm, watching one of Klaus' hybrids, Kim as she forced herself to turn. With her hands shackled, Kim screamed and threw herself against the wall, breaking it.

"Scream, let it out," Hayley told her. "We're on an abandoned farm. No one can hear you for miles."

"Easy for you to say, wolf girl," Kim said. "You never turned 20 times in a row."

"No, but I watched a bunch of your hybrid friends go through it," Hayley replied.

Kim cried out in pain, lowering to her knees as her bones cracked. "Why's it have to be like this? Why break every bone over and over?"

"That's what the sire bond is," Riley explained. "You're grateful to Klaus because he released you from the pain of having to turn every full moon. So, you're gonna keep turning until it doesn't hurt and you have nothing to be grateful for."

"What's in all this for you?" Kim asked.

Riley and Hayley exchanged a look.

"I don't hear bones cracking," Riley said.

Kim cried out and leaned her head back as her bones continued to break.

Tyler walked in. "Caroline bought us another day." Hayley turned towards him, smiling. "Klaus wants to go with her to Miss Mystic Falls tomorrow."

"So, does that mean we're going?" Hayley asked.

"Watching Klaus fawn over Caroline at some lame-ass pageant?" Tyler replied. "No, thanks."

"Come on," Hayley said, pleading. Kim stood, yelling out in pain. "We need to hide what's going on here by pretending that I was the one that broke you two up. And besides, isn't it at your house?"

Kim screamed, her eyes glowing gold. "Guys, like this isn't torture enough? Can you take it outside?"

Hayley looked at Tyler, batting her eyelashes.

"Fine," Tyler said, giving in. "We'll go. Wear a dress."

Tyler walked away, leaving.

Hayley turned around, still smiling. "Ri, can I please raid your closet?"

"Why?" Riley asked.

"Because I don't have any nice clothes," Hayley answered.

Riley smirked. "And you wanna look hot for your date with Tyler."

"It is not a date," Hayley told her.

"Right," Riley nodded, sarcastically. "And what do I get in return?"

"Well, if you come with us . . ." Hayley trailed off. "There's free booze."

Riley tilted her head, starting to smile.

\/