Solipsism

Viaan was hesitant to start the conversation, but he could see even katha wasn't sure how to start.

Just then the most beautiful Rose(the chef at the restaurant) arrived. Viaan always met her when he came there, today she came out to meet him.

"Viaan beta, welcome. You came on a special day. I have made a really exiting dish and would be so happy to serve you"

"I am so lucky then, and katha this is 'Rose', the chef here"

Katha was as polite and charming as ever chatting with rose. She then left and said food will be right out.

Katha was sort of playing with the table mat and just looking around. She suddenly looked up and said -" You are the designer, aren't you? "

Viaan knew he tried to not self boast by saying some desinger did this for free but she caught on. He just smiled and asked her -" Do you know the word - solipsism? "

Katha tried to think for a second and shrugged.

Viaan said, "I got it as my description in one of employee reviews long back. It means I am too self centered and feel like I alone form the world"
Katha was surprised and said, "but i see everyone really respects you at work, may be it was fake review? " She smiled a little.

Viaan said no, "it was in my first year at earthcon. I was very rude to employees, especially women. I have changed a lot in terms work ethics but as you know not in terms of trusting women.

Katha i told you the reasons for that offer but i dont want you to think I am escaping or blaming it on my past. I also feel like I can speak anything and everything with you. I hope you are not thinking I am boring you at this lunch? "

Katha looked thoughtfully at him and said -"we did say this is therapy session and i am happy how you are sharing things. It's been long I had someone to share things with and i can understand how you feel"

Viaan was surprised at the words of katha and said -" Well you have me know, please talk. Let out anything you want to say "

Just then their food arrived....