February 24th.

It's been already a year since their ways parted. The day was just as cold as then, and Shinya couldn't think of anything else walking through the city streets, feeling cold breeze and snowflakes caressing his face. If he could go back in time to that day, maybe he would say something different. Say anything to stop him from leaving. They said it was for the best, but now he felt more heartbroken than before. He didn't want to feel that way. He hated the fact that he's the only one missing everything they had and wishing it would come back. He hated the fact that he still loved him after breaking up with him one year ago.
Sometimes, he was looking for his face in the crowd, hoping that he could see him for a second, make sure he's alright. Maybe he has already moved on. Maybe he had someone else. Maybe he realised that in the end, they just weren't meant to be.

But Shinya missed him so much that he could almost feel the pain of the broken heart. He wanted to go back. He wanted to be happy. He wanted his love back.

He wanted his Guren back.

The worst part of it all was that they both didn't do anything wrong. He wished he had a reason to hate Guren. He wished he would do something unforgivable that would make Shinya never want him back. But as time passed and they were living their own lives separately, Shinya still couldn't forget all of the time they had spent together.

Even if they fought a lot, they couldn't agree on the simplest topics and grew tired of each other. He still thought that they could've worked it out somehow. He couldn't live without Guren, and maybe he understood that a little too late. He just hoped that the other felt the same way or missed him, although to a small extent...

It started to get dark and a lot of shops and cafes were already closing. It was probably the last chance for him to catch the last bus home, but he didn't want to go yet. The vision of an empty apartment was killing him. All of the memories, all of the good times they shared there, were like torture. It was a long time gone, but it still haunted him. The ghost of their love.

He was shivering from the cold but still refused to go back home. The snowfall reminded him of his voice, his troubled face when he said that they should break up. He could stop that and say that he didn't want it that way. They could still fix it. He knew that. Yet, he agreed and let him go. He let the love of his life leave and didn't even try to stop him.

"Fuck," He swore under his breath trying his best to stop his body from trembling. "Why is it so cold?"

For a second, he thought he heard him. The familiar voice caused another shiver going down his spine, but it wasn't from the cold. He turned around excited to see if he heard it right.

He saw him. It really was him. Still the same, a little tired, black hair almost covering his beautiful purple eyes while he was talking with the woman beside him. His cheeks were a little flushed because of the cold, and Shinya found it really adorable. He couldn't hold back the tears and his legs that led to the other man.

"G-Guren," He whispered with teary eyes, starting to run over to the black haired man. "Guren!"

The man looked up. The emotions in his eyes were a mix of excitement, sadness and shock. He let the other fall into his arms as he started to cry quietly, still trembling from the cold. He hugged him tight, wanting to give him some warmth. His heart started to beat faster, and that's when he realised that he really couldn't really get rid of this feeling. He tried to. He really thought it'll pass with time. But now he was completely lost in the embrance of his loved one.

He didn't know if it was right to say that he missed him and that he still loved him. He wasn't sure if Shinya felt the same way.

"I'm sorry," the white-haired man said moving away. "It was inappropriate."

"It's okay. That's my friend," Guren said, pointing at the girl next to him.

"Still... I shouldn't just jump into you like that," He chuckled with a smile. He still couldn't stop crying.

"We were just about to say goodbye," said the woman. "I see that you have some things to talk through," she added with a smile.

"Thank you for today. And sorry for this sudden situation."

"No problem. Have a nice weekend."

"See you," they both watched the girl walk off, and then Guren said to Shinya, "Do you wanna come over?"

"I'd prefer... You coming over," or coming back. That would be perfect.

***

When they got to their apartment, Shinya could finally warm up and calm down. The awkward silence between them was killing him, but he couldn't gather the courage to start the conversation. Even if Guren agreed to come, he still didn't say that he wanted to come back. He still didn't tell that he still loved him. They were sitting in their bedroom, trying to avoid eye contact, but just the thought of everything that had happened in this room while they were together made them think of many other things. It was distracting.

"Guren, I-" Shinya finally gathered the courage to speak up, but he hot cut off just after he managed to say the other's name.

Guren pulled him closer to a kiss, not giving him a chance to think about what he was supposed to say. At that moment, it was just their eyes locked on each other, their lips and their bodies that terribly wanted to feel each other. Everything else didn't matter. It's been a whole year since they decided to part ways, but still ended up in the same apartment, the same room, the same bed, and the same desire for each other.

Guren smiled when Shinya climbed on top of him while they were lying on the bed. He missed his pretty face so much that even now, he hoped that it wasn't another dream. He reached out to grab his face gently and stroke his flushed cheek. At that moment, he was sure that he would never leave again. After breaking up, he tried to focus on something else that could help him stop thinking about Shinya. It resulted in constant working and forgetting about his own health. It only made him more miserable and hopelessly in love with his ex-lover. He thought that it'll help them, but it only made everything worse.

"I missed you so much, Guren," said the younger and let himself lift the other's shirt to feel his warm skin. "So much I felt like dying sometimes."

"I missed you too," Guren moved Shinya's hair out of his forehead and tuckled it behind his ear. "I shouldn't have left. I was wrong."

"You're here now. That's what's important to me. I love you."

It's been so long since he said that to someone. It made him smile for some reason. Nothing could prepare him for that day, but he was glad that they managed to meet each other. He just wished that when he would open his eyes in the morning, he would still be with Guren. He didn't want it to be another dream.

"Do you know how many times I dreamed of touching you again?" Guren said with a smirk.

"Probably just as much as me," the other responded and leaned forward to kiss the older.

Finally, everything was back to normal. They spent the whole night reminding themselves about every inch of their bodies, every weak point, and every sensitive area. They made sure to remember this night and never forget that it was the time they both understood that they were meant to be.

And nothing could change that.

...

a/n

Heyyy just wanted to share this with you since I'm obsessed with these two lmao
Hope you liked it!