prologue

🛡 ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼ 🛡

🛡 ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼ 🛡

warning: swords, slight violence, kissing

authors pov

10:53 AM. (ONE OF THE) CHARMING CASTLE'S

swords clash in charming castle, this one belonging to m/n and d/n. and of course, their daughter y/n charming. oh, and the baby that's coming. m/n's pregnant. 

"how are you powering over me?" y/n grunts as m/n continues to hit her sword against her daughter's. "you are pregnant, mother! you should be resting!"

"my daughter's skill are getting weaker," m/n says, playfully, putting the sword down. y/n sighs out in relief. 

m/n is born from the charming family. her story small, just a princess who needs saving. d/n was an extra prince from another family. so obviously the choice was for him to save her. but that's not what happened at all. she saved him. many, many, many times. 

he is quite clumsy. he also took his wife's last name, rather than keeping his own. 

"you are old-i mean, mother, experienced," y/n says, looking away from her mother's piercing blue eyes. "so you know how to hold the sword better than i do,"

"are you forgetting the other weapons that i can hold?"

"i feel like you are teasing me," y/n says, squinting her eyes at her mother. "you are! mother, that is gross! never say that again!"

"what's gross?" d/n says, walking in with a smile. he gives his daughter a kiss on her forehead, and kisses his wife on the lips. 

"your wife," y/n says, sticking her tongue out. d/n chuckles, confused looking over to m/n. who shrugs with a smile. 

"are you ready for ever after high, blue?" blue is y/n's favourite colour. actually, blue is the charming's family colour. 

"yes, father," she states, putting her sword in it's hilt. "i am ready. i just need to text my cousins so i can leave the house tomorrow the same time they will so we can meet half way,"

"ugh, i'm going to miss you, blue," he says, hugging her. y/n smiles, giving him a hug. 

"you have need to miss me, you have another child who is coming soon," y/n says, trying not cry. she doesn't want to leave when her mother is coming close to her due date. "we must make sure that they are okay, as well as my experienced mother,"

m/n starts to cry, joining into the hug. 

this family has been through a lot of ups and downs. but they have always stayed a family. and not even y/n going to a school, quite far away, will change that.