{1}

𓇽

the waves crashed along the shore. the sun beat down onto the sand, and all of its occupants. children's laughs could be heard up and down the beach.

mothers were too busy watching their kids to do anything else. fathers were playing with their younger kids in the sand. teenage boys playing football with their friends. teenage girls tanning in the sun.

one group of girls were sitting right in the middle of the beach. they believed that the sun hit better there.

"you're book is blocking my tan," the girl in the green and yellow bikini complained, moving herself and her towel over.

"stop being so dramatic. you're brazilian, being tan is in your blood," replied the girl in the red bikini with long curly hair.

"ok now that's just racist," the first girl remarked back.

"guys, the beach is not the place for fighting," the last girl in the group said. she had on a white bikini with shell stitching.

"for farah, any place is a place for fighting," the girl with straight black hair said.

"real nice izabel," farah laughed, throwing sand at her friend.

"oh no you did not," izabel said, standing up and throwing sand at farah. she missed completely and hit y/n in the face.

"your aim is trash," farah said, trying to hold back a laugh from her friend, who now had sand in her eye.

y/n stood up and threw sand at izabel, hitting her right in the stomach. izabel tried and failed again to hit either of her friends. the three girls chased each other into the ocean, ignoring any judgmental stares they may have gotten. nothing mattered as long as they were having fun.

after about an hour in the ocean, the girls decided to get out and go back to the shore.

"oh my gosh, i totally forgot. tonight is my brothers game," farah said, looking at her phone.

"oh that's right, i know there was something tonight," izabel said, grabbing her towel.

"who's all going to it?" y/n asked, wrapping a towel around her body and sitting on the towel that was already on the sand.

"i got three tickets. one for me, one for you, and one for izabel," farah replied.

"but tonight is rico's beach party," y/n said, looking at her friend, who just stared back at her.

"y/n come on, rico has those party's at least once a week. i'm sure you can miss on for the game," izabel said, looking at y/n.

"you guys know sports isn't my thing," y/n said, putting on her sunglasses.

"y/n, we've invited you so many times to a game. i don't think going to one will hurt anything," farah said.

"i guess you guys are right," y/n said.

the two girls looked at each other in excitement. they had been trying forever to get their friend to a game, and now it was finally happening.

"we should get going. we don't have much time before the game," farah said, looking at the time.

the three girls packed up their things and made their way back to their shared apartment.

"does anyone have an extra jersey?" asked y/n as the three girls rode up in the elevator.

"girl i always have extras," farah replied, earning a laugh out of y/n and izabel.

once the girls reached their apartment, they all went their separate ways to get ready. farah and y/n hopped in the shower, while izabel went to the kitchen and made a snack.

"hey, where's a jersey?" y/n asked through the door to farahs room.

"it's in my closet. you'll see them, pick anyone you want," farah replied from the bathroom.

y/n made her way over to the closet and laughed to herself at what she saw. farah had a whole shelf just for her barcelona wear.

y/n picked the home jersey, shouted a 'thank you' to farah, and walked back to her room. once she was in her room, she made her way over to her own closet. she had to pick what bottoms to wear with the jersey.

she decided to pair it with a denim skirt and black adidas campus 00s. she sat down at her vanity and did her hair and makeup for the night.

just as she was adding her finishing touches, farah knocked on her door.

"ready to go?" farah asked.

"yess, let me grab my bag," y/n replied, grabbing her purse and shutting off the light.

the three girls got into the uber, and were off to the stadium.

y/nn.l/nn                         23 minutes ago

l/nn                         23 minutes ago

~~~~~~

heyyyy
so first chapter!!!
sorry if the ending felt rushed, i was trying to wrap it up!
please let me know if there is any spelling or grammar mistakes
i hope you guys enjoy the book as it goes on
xoxo
lane 🤍