Chapter one: New Student

As they settle in to their new house Larissa walks upstairs and opens one of the boxes that's sitting on the floor in her room. Searching through the box she finds a white T-shirt, black leggings and a black jean jacket. This will be my outfit for school tomorrow she said smiling before placing it on a hanger. She folds up the rest of the clothes that's in the box and places them on the shelf in the closet before going to the bathroom. She goes in to the bathroom and takes a shower and gets ready for bed. Larissa places her hair in a bun turns the light off and goes to sleep.The next morning Larissa is awaken by the smell of pancakes, eggs and bacon. She gets up out of bed and goes into the bathroom, brushes her teeth, washes her face, does her hair and walks back into her room to get dressed. After she got dressed she heads down stairs and grabs the car keys, walks out the door yelling "bye mom, by dad". Larissa gets in the car and drives to school. She gets to school and parks next to what seems to be a red bmw. She walks into the school and through the crowds hallways looking for the front office. As Larissa reaches the office and opens the door, out walks a black girl who ended up bumping in to Larissa. Larissa stares at the girl for a minute and the girl looks her up and down with a stink face. Larissa: excuse you, the girl: bitch who the fuck is you. The lady the office: Mercedes get to class. Larissa walks up to the desk and says ma'am I am new here. The woman looks at her and smiles. I know who you at she said and hands her a class schedule. Tariq here(she points to a guy about 6 ft tall with dreads) will walk you to your first class. Tariq stands up and walks to the door and holds it open for Larissa. Larissa smiles at him and walks out the door. With him following after her they continue to their home room class. While walking through the halls Tariq stares at her while making conversation. "So where did you move from? Tariq said. Larissa looks at h and smiles. " I moved here from Georgia. Tariq, cool. They get to the classroom and Tariq holds the door open. By the way you are very beautiful Tariq said before letting the door close and heading to his desk. Larissa took a seat at the desk right next to Tariq. Larissa looks at Tariq and Tariq looks back at her smiling.Then they both go back to looking and listening to the teacher. Sitting behind her was the girl that she had seen in the office earlier. And sitting across from her was the girls friends. Larissa continued to listen to the pay attention to the teacher while she stared at the clock. Behind her all she could hear is Mercedes and her two friends talk about her. The bell rings and every one get up and starts to walk out the classroom. Tariq turns to look back at Larissa "you want me to walk you to your next class he asked while smiling" Larissa smiles at him and starts to walk out the door but Mercedes purposely bumped into her. "What the fuck is wrong with you Mercedes?" Larissa said. Mercedes looks at Larissa with a mean look on her face "bitch don't fucking test me, I am the wrong one" she said. Larissa rolls her eyes at Mercedes. Mercedes leave her alone says Tariq as he walks out of the class room with Larissa and down the hall. She looks at her class schedule and looks at Tariq " my next class is social studies with Ms. Pratt". Tariq smiles while staring at Larissa guess we in the same class again. "Look Tariq, you keep looking at me like that, I'm starting to think that you like me, Larissa said. Tariq winks and Larissa and smiles. "What if I do?"he said biting his lip then looking away. stepping into the classroom, she finds a seat in the back of the class and Tariq follows her and sits right next to her. As the day goes by all Larissa could do is think about how her senior year would be. The last dismissal bell finally rang and as everyone is leaving the school Larissa sees this redbone with burgundy locs passing out flyers for a party. She looked like one of the popular kids. Larissa proceeds to walk down the hall. Tariq following after her and the girl with the burgundy locs handed a flyer to Larissa. Larissa continues out of the school and to her car, stoping to look at the flyers. Tariq stares at the flyer that back at Larissa smiling. "You should go" Turow said. "Uh, I don't know" Larissa said. "It will be fun. Come on I'm going, said Tariq. Larissa smiles at Tariq " fine I'll be there. See you tomorrow, Larissa said.Larissa gets in the car and drives home.