Chapter 5

We start off on Mals wedding day.

(Evie and Doug live together now, after the graduation they moved into the castle that Evie had been saving up for.)

"Evie you gotta get up." Doug said as he tried to shake his fiancé awake. "Doug, we don't have school anymore, we can sleep in." She reminded him with a groan. "Your right we don't, but we do have your best freinds wedding. You know the one that'll make her queen?" Doug said, making her shoot up. "I need to get a shower, you can take one after me!" She said as she rushed to their bathroom. Doug just chuckled to himself and got his suit out of their closet. "I'm her maid of honor I have to be there early, and your Ben's best man so you do too." She said as she turned the water off and wrapped herself in a towel. She opened the door to their bathroom. "Now, you go get ready." She rushed him into the shower so she could get dressed. What she was wearing:

And Doug was wearing a green suit like this:

Ok back to the story.

She put on her dress and made sure her makeup was spot on. "Looking good, princess." He said as she finished her makeup. "I'm so exited for that surprise for Mal." She said. "Huh?" Doug said. "Oh I didn't tell you that's right, it's a surprise for you too." Evie answered as she put on her heels. "OK, Ready to go?" He asked as he opened the front door for her. "Yup, are we still picking up your parents?" She asked as they walked up to the limo that Ben had for them and Doug's parents. "Yeah it shouldn't take very long." Doug said as they both climbed into the limo. Doug told the driver his parents address and they drove off. Once they got there Daisy was the first to get in and sit by Evie. They talked the whole way there. Once they got there Doug went to go find Ben and Evie went to go find Mal.

While Mal was getting ready:
"Oh my gosh, you look so good Mal!" Evie said as she walked in to see Mal getting ready." Mal tried to talk but nothing came out. She was way to anxious. "Woah, M calm down." Evie tried to calm her bestie. "It's going to go amazing trust me, your going to say I do and so is Ben, and in the impossible scenario that he doesn't, I will murder him. Evie winked at Mal. "Evie!" Mal scolded. "Chill I'm kidding." She laughed. "I'll just give him a good beating." Mal just rolled her eyes, she was finally a bit calmer. "You always know how to calm me down you know that?" She laughed. "Well, not to stress you but is your dad here yet?" Evie asked. "Yeah and he wants to talk to you, any idea what about?" Mal asked. "Nope, but to be honest he kinda scares me so I'm getting Doug to come with me." She answered. "Man I remember how nervous you were to kiss him awake, it was funny." Mal laughed. "Oh hush, I was just afraid he didn't love me." Evie said as she put some blush on Mal. "No offense but ya kinda suck at makeup." Evie said as she fixed Mals makeup. "Yeah I know." Mal wasn't offended by this, because she knew it was true. "What'd I miss? Harry made me late." Uma said as she rushed in. "Hello to you too." Evie laughed at Uma's frantic behavior. A few months ago Uma hated them both and would never be seen freaking out like that, but ever since the barrier was lifted the lives of all auradonians changed. "So are you ready for the...thing that's happening?" Evie asked Uma. "What thing?" Mal asked. "Can't tell you, to bad so sad." Uma playfully nudged Mal. "You two are such bullies." Mal fake pouted. "Hi guys sorry were a bit late we were with our boyfriends." Lonnie said as her and Jane rushed in. "It's ok Uma just got here too." Evie said as she looked at a nearby mirror. "Why are you checking your makeup constantly your not the one getting married I am." Mal asked her best freind. "I wanna look best for Doug!" She answered. "Girl that boy loves you for who you are, if getting down on one knee didn't prove that to you, I don't know what will." Uma said as she put a supportive arm around Evie's shoulder. "Thanks, but now that you mention it, why weren't you and Harry there when Doug proposed?" Evie questioned Uma. "Well, we were out of town with Gil, he wanted to take us on one of his trips." Uma answered as she grabbed some mascara out of her pocket and put it on. "So how did Harry make you late?" Evie asked Uma. Uma, who wasn't paying very close attention as usual answered "He woke me up late because he forgot to set an alarm." Uma answered with ease. "Hmm, so if you two aren't an item, how come your living together?" Jane asked with a smile. Uma's face fell as she realized she just gave herself away. "How'd you do that?" She asked and she turned to Evie, shocked. "Remember I'm still and Isle girl, I know how to get information out of someone." She let out a fake evil laugh.

Meanwhile the guys:
Doug was helping Ben with his tie as Ben went on and on, and on about how nervous he was. "Dude, chill out, you two are gonna get married, she's gonna say yes and you two will rule auradon together and be a perfect couple forever." Doug said as he grabbed Ben's shoulders and shook him back into reality. "Thanks, I needed that didn't I?" Ben asked. "Yes, yes you did." Doug laughed as Harry walked in. "Hey guys, sorry I kinda made me and Uma late." He said as he walked in. Doug smirked as an idea popped in his head. "Watch this" Doug mouthed to a confused looking Ben. "How so?" Doug asked Harry. "Well I forgot to set an alarm." Harry said as he put on some 'guy liner.' Doug could barely hold back laughing now. "So how did you forget to set an alarm if you two aren't a couple, and therefore don't live together?" Doug said as Ben finally got it. "Dang it, you've been hanging around Evie too much." Harry said, caught red handed. "Gotcha." Doug said in victory. "Got what?" Jay asked as he and Carlos walked in. "Doug just got some information out of Harry here." Ben chuckled. "Yeah, long story short, he and Uma are an item, and I've been hanging with Evie a little too much." Doug laughed.

Later, when the wedding is starting.
Mal walks out and Ben can't contain his smiling as he beams at her. They say their vows cut the cake and everyone has some wine. Doug gives a half drunk best man speech- mainly about how him and Ben had known each other forever and how Mal was a close friend of his as well, along with his fiance's best friend and how he knows that she'll be a great Queen. Once he finished Evie took his glass of wine. "No more of this for you." She said as she took a swig if his wine. "You've had more than me." He says with a brow raised. "Yes but girls from the Isle handle wine better than you wimpy auradonians." She winked at him. "Plus," she said inbetween sips. "I need liquid confidence for what I'm about to do." She handed him back the now empty glass of wine and grabbed Jay and Carlos. "It's time for Mals surprise boys." She said as she went onstage and grabbed the microphone. "Mal, this one's to you, from your best freinds!" Evie said loudly as she looked at Carlos who started playing something from his phone.

Mal instantly recognized the music as Evie walked to the end of the stage and held out a hand. Mal took her hand and joined her on the stage.

They say I'm trouble they say I'm bad, they say I'm evil and that makes me glad. Mal said as she sung her part

A dirty no good, down the the bone, your worst nightmare can't take me home. Jay said into his microphone.

So I got some mischief in my blood. Can you blame me? I never got no love! Evie sung in a obviously drunk voice.

They think I'm callice a lowlife hood. I feel so useless, misunderstood. Carlos sung as he looked over to his freinds.

"Mirror Mirror on the wall who's the baddest of them all welcome to my wicked world, wicked world, I'm rotten to the core, rotten to the core, rotten to the core who could ask for more?" They all sung

"I'm nothing like the kid next, like the kid next door, I'm rotten to the core rotten to the...core." they all continued until Mal stepped forward for her part.

Call me a schemer call me a freak, how can you say that? I'm just..unique!"

What me a traitor? Ain't got your back? Are we not friends? What's up with that?

Evie walked up to the front of the stage and bent down and sung to the crowd so I'm a misfit, so I'm a flirt. I broke your heart? I made ya hurt?"

The past is past, forgive forget, the truth is,

You ain't seen nothing yet! They all sung together.

I'm rotten to the core rotten to the core, I'm rotten to the core who could ask for more I'm nothing like the kid next, like the kid next door. I'm rotten to the core, rotten to the core! They finished and all left the stage together.

"So, lemme guess you and Carlos, Jay and Mal used to sing this on the Isle?" Doug asked as his fiancé. "Yup! Now can we go home I'm drunk." She said. "Okay hold up I'll ask Ben to send a limo." Doug laughed at his girlfriend who looked very drunk right now.