~𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑂𝑛𝑒~

(Best read in dark mode.) 

Felix and Hyunjin managed to stop threatening and provoking each other, although the murderous threatening was mostly on Hyunjin's part and the fearless provoking on Felix's, when our server came and delivered the shots that Chan had ordered to our booth. 

The heels she was wearing made her slightly taller, and as her toned arms reached out to set the bottle and shot glasses on the table in front of us, she immediately caught Chan's attention.

"Thank you," the blond seated across from me chuckled, more flustered than I had ever heard him before. I bumped Felix and Mya simultaneously, seated on either side of me.

"You're welcome," Our server responded cheerfully, and Chan beamed up at her. "Thank you," He said again, apparently forgetting that he had already said that. I giggled with Felix and Mya as we watched and Chan asked her name.

"I'm Lia Park," She smiled brightly, straightening when she had finished setting down the shot glasses and waving to each of us. "Please let me know if you need anything."

"That's a pretty name," Chan smiled back, his dimples showing.

"Aww, look, he has hearts in his eyes," Mya whispered into my ear. I nodded, keeping my amused gaze on the two as they interacted. After conversing with her a little longer, Chan eventually let her go, and we all erupted as soon as she left with taunts and teasing comments.

"OoOoh, what was all that? " Minho smirked, squinting at Chan, directly across from him.

The puppy and fox duo of cousins shared knowing looks and laughs across Hyunjin, uncomfortably seated between them. "Isn't she a bit young for you, Chan?" He quipped, glancing at the blond, who then rolled his eyes and told him to stop.

Minho reached across the table and started silently pouring shots for everyone as they continued to tease Chan, almost immediately forgetting about the supply of alcohol.

"I can tell I'll never live this down," Chan chuckled, pretending to be hurt by all the teasing comments. He folded his arms and shook his head, feigning disappointment, but with a grin on his face. "A man's not allowed to have a love life around you guys."

"I ship it," I stated, taking one of the shot glasses Minho had filled. The liquid burned my throat as I tilted my head back and swallowed it down, setting the empty glass onto the table with a clink. "You two are cute."

"I agree," Jisung added, gulping down his second shot before Changbin even noticed he had snatched his first yet. "It's not a crime to be in love."

I stopped mid-sip of my shot, which caused me to choke before I finally got the liquid down.

Jisung's off hand words had reminded me of something I wanted to forget and push to the very back of my mind.

I looked over to Felix, who was downing his own shot and laughing at the harsh but playful scolding Changbin was giving out to Jisung, his laughter filling the booth and mingling with everyone else's verbal expressions of enjoyment and claps of amusement. I was reminded of everything I didn't want to think about.

I was reminded that being in love was a sort of crime for me. Because I was in love, I had to choose between myself and him.

Eventually, I would be forced to make a decision between my feelings and his. I would have to choose between breaking my promise or breaking his heart. 

Mrs. Lee's words had been ringing through my mind since Saturday night, and I couldn't stop repeating her offer over and over in my head. She had given me two choices, and I hated both of them.