|#7|

Ruhana leaves for Pune after signing the papers that her uncle asked her for. She asked about the papers but her uncle told her that these are some policy papers that her father left for her and he needs her signatures to get them validated. She believed him with closed eyes. After all, Shekhar was a father figure to her.

Everything went smoothly for quite some time and one day, Ruhana went into the library as her exams were approaching. The college had given preparation leaves and Ruhana decided to stay back at the hostel and study. Also, her best friend, Aadhya, had decided to stay in the college hostel. The two girls headed into the business section and at the same point, something caught Ruhana's attention.

"Zenith Ventures gets among the top ten businesses in just six months; the founder, Shekhar Bisht, shares his insights about the company."

"Huh, what rubbish is this?" She murmurs under her breath.

"What happened, Ruhana?" Aadhya nudges her as she finds her reading the newspaper.

"How could he do this? This was something Papa and I dreamed of. How could he do this? It was Papa's last thing left for me." Ruhana says, her eyes are teary.

Aadhya tries to convince her and takes her back to the hostel. She also took the newspaper with her. In the room, Ruhana sits blankly while Aadhya stares at her.

"Tell me what is wrong." She asks calmly.

"Aadhya, my uncle took over our company, Zenith. It was what Papa made for me. Papa wanted me to handle it." Ruhana replies.

"Zenith Excellence! I chose the name, And Papa told about it to Shekhar uncle. It was partially developed, and this is why it is among the top ten companies in the business world. Yes, Papa had planned many things. He was supposed to take care of it, not take over." She replies, clenching her fists in anger.

"Relax, a name doesn't mean that he took over what you created," Aadhya replies.

"You can read the full article, Aadhya. Here!" Ruhana passes her phone to her.

The article focuses on Zenith Ventures, detailing the very traits Ruhana and her father had envisioned. Aadhya, known for the smallest intricacies due to Ruhana's open discussions, is startled. Furthermore, the article credits Zenith to Shekhar's brother, with a clear intention for Shekhar to elevate it. Aadhya's shock confirms Ruhana's justified anger.

Their subsequent research uncovers numerous parallels to the plans and provisions Ruhana and her father meticulously outlined. She's angry and tries to call Shekhar but Aadhya stops her.

"Ruu, you don't know the whole thing. Don't be immature. He will state that you were not handling work back then or that you signed those papers. Remember, you told me he made you sign some papers? Maybe, it was for your business." Aadhya says, trying to convince Ruhana.

"You mean, he got the business papers signed in his name?" Ruhana asks as if confirming her doubt.

"Yeah, right. You never know what he did; as you said, you didn't read the papers." Aadhya explains.

"Yeah, I didn't because I trusted him. He's my uncle; if he ditched me, it's his mistake. And he has to answer." Ruhana says, clenching her fists.

"Yeah, he will tell you. You calm down first and concentrate on the exams. After that, we will go, talk to him and see what he is up to, okay?" Aadhya tries to convince her.

"Do you think, he will tell the truth then? What is all this?" Ruhana shows her another set of links on her phone.

"Ruu, please, calm down. We will see it afterwards. And why are you only behind Zenith? You can start another new business venture when you graduate." Aadhya tries convincing her.

Ruhana says nothing but stamps her feet on the ground and leaves the room, while Aadhya sighs deeply. There's no other way to convince her, but she has to find one.

*Flashback Ends*

Ruhana snaps out of her memory lane. She looks at Vineet, who's still in shock after hearing her story. Yeah, she had a tough childhood; she lost her parents at a tender age, and things have been hard for her. Yeah, life has been unfair to her.

"And then, did you find out the truth?" Vineet asks, gathering all his courage.

"Yeah, he confessed to manipulating me into signing those papers, essentially transferring Zenith under his name and granting him full control. He's certainly achieved great success with the company. But he refuses to relinquish it to me," Ruhana responds, her anger still palpable.

"So, you're walking in his footsteps. What is the difference between you two then?" Vineet asks, and she knows that he's right, but she doesn't want to understand the math.

"Yeah, what's wrong with that? He will taste his own medicine." Ruhana says it rudely.

"Your way to achieve your goals is wrong, Ruhana. I have told you the same many times. You can achieve it in other ways too, but you always want to go the wrong way." Vineet says, trying to make her realise the truth.

"No, you want me to wait. And waiting is not worth it, you know. Waiting for the right time and the right things is never fruitful." She chides her best friend.

Vineet sighs deeply. He knows that she is determined to rule over Shekhar Bisht and for that, she can do anything; she can get down to any level that she wants to. It's about being unfair and unjust to someone, and people have been the same towards her.

"Even I will tell you to do things your way. If you wait for the things, that'd be a delay, and it won't be fruitful."

"And I hope you have your answers now. Will you just call Shikha now? I want to do the meeting as soon as possible." Ruhana glares at him.

"Ruhana...why....." He begins to speak but she cuts him off.

"Let it be, Vineet. You won't get the hem of it. I will handle it myself." She replies and leaves the chamber in the next instance.

Vineet watches her leave and sighs deeply. This girl has surely been through hardships but that doesn't mean you become the same way as the people in your life.

"Waiting is always a form of freedom, Ruhana. And you will realise it soon."

Vineet murmurs to himself and then he follows Ruhana to convince her.

To be Continued.

Word count : 1082 words

Total word count so far: 7694 words.